Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Christmas Home > Groups » Invitation: Christmas Magic

Groups Looking to form a new group? Are you perhaps looking to join a new group? This forum posts invites and information from group leaders about groups hosted here on My Merry Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
O Holy Night
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:20 PM
60,891 Views  0 Posts
The Year Santa Was...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:33 PM
54,347 Views  0 Posts
Emily's Highest Bough
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:47 PM
43,885 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas When Life...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:23 PM
44,633 Views  0 Posts
"The Purloined...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:34 AM
55,325 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-03-2008, 04:32 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
Invitation: Christmas Magic

You are invited to join Christmas Magic, a group for discussing the Magic Elf tradition, Christmas Fairies, 24 Days of Christmas and other Magical Christmas traditions!

Here's a link to the group: Invitation
Old 05-04-2008, 08:52 AM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
Magic Elves

You may be wondering...what are Magic Elves, Santa's Elves or Visiting Elves as some people like to call them? Well these are elves that come to visit children in their homes during the holiday season, typically from Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve when Santa picks them up on his way through and takes them back to the North Pole with him.
For some families the elves are actual stuffed elves who of course only "come to life" and move around during the night when all good children are sound asleep...some are imaginative only but leave behind little reminders of their existence. I'm sorry to say the elves are not always very well behaved and some times get into some mischief. If you are interested in the Magic Elf Tradition...you can vist the Magic Elves blog (A member of the Merry Network) and read more about this fun family tradition!!
Old 05-04-2008, 01:20 PM

Last Achievements

I'm going to be adding posts as we go along describing the magical traditions we will be discussing in Christmas Magic...that way as new members are looking around they will understand more about this group.

Twenty Four Days of Christmas Tradition:

This tradition can be played out in several different ways...it starts on December 1st and ends on Christmas Eve...Here are several different ways that people celebrate the 24 Days of Christmas
  • Some people buy small token type gifts and wrap them so that the receiver has 24 small gifts to unwrap working up to Christmas...sort of like an advent calendar.
  • Some people plan 24 different family activities to do...one each day of December...some are quite simple like "ride around and look at lights" and some are more complex like a sleepover under the Christmas tree
  • Some people collect Christmas books or stories and read one as a family each night December 1st-24th New books that are added to the collection can be wrapped for a little extra excitement
  • Some people set up different parts of the nativity set...a piece of the set or a part of the story every night
There are as many ways to celebrate the 24 Days of Christmas as there are imaginative people.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:00 PM

Last Achievements

The Twelve Days of Christmas

A lot of information out there about the Twelve Days of Christmas which actually occur after Christmas and end with the beginning of Epiphany. There are many ways that people celebrate this tradition and members are encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:04 AM

Last Achievements

Christmas Fairies

This tradtion is just getting started so you can get in right at the beginning of a fun new concept.

The Christmas Fairies provide a new level of fun for your family. In many ways they are like the Magic Elves but with some essential differences.
The Fairies are completely in one's imagination...Fairy Dust is used to let us know they've been around.

Faireis aren't as worried about "good and bad" behavior...they like to focus on "dreams and wishes" However they will report to Santa, so best to keep your name on the GOOD list.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:21 PM

Last Achievements

Another Magical Christmas Tradition we will be talking about in our group is

"You've Been Elfed" or "You've Been Frosted"

These follow the "You've Been Booed" Traditon...which you can read about HERE.

Only difference is you use an elf or a snowman. I'll be sharing a couple poems you can use depending on whether you want the elf or snowman. If you work in a school this is a fun little adventure to take on to liven up the staff during the holidays.