Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Magic Click here to visit this social group

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,005
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 05-04-2008, 07:02 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
Welcome

Welcome to the Christmas Magic Group

As you know from the intro.....this group will talk about all kinds of family traditions that bring the magic of the holiday season to life. I look forward to sharing ideas with you and planning some fun things. I thought it might be fun to start by introducing ourselves.

I'm Gingerbug (Ginger) I have been married for 32 years and I have three grown children and one little grandson. I enjoy holidays and celebrating life. I love to read, write, scrapbook and plan parties. I also love to blog...and always have something to say...ummm. whether its interesting to anyone or not!! LOL

Please introduce yourself and share a few things about who you are as a person!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:47 PM
mammaduke

My name is Debbie as most of you know before this year we always had a traditional Christmas, so now I have to make sure every thing my parents & D/H's have created stays alive ,from Santa filling the stockings, to doing the decorating. Creating a Christmas my girls will never forget is my goal this year.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

jolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elf
Hi, my name is Joanne and I love Christmas. I have been married for eight years, I am 34 and have two young children. There is nothing better than seeing their faces and reactions on Christmas morning. However, I am just a big kid so I sometimes get more excited than they do. I am soooo excited to do the Magical Elves this year. I already have my elves and all the elf mischief planned. I can't wait to read what everyone does to prepare for the Holidays.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:48 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,032 Times in 2,441 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
My name is Jeff and I am addicted to Christmas. This website and most associated with it are a passion and if I had my way that's all I would do every day (alas, I have to make a living). I am happily married and have seven children, ages 6 to 22, six girls and one boy.

Since my eldest was five we have celebrated the run-up to Christmas with the Update from the North Pole. She was five when my wife and I met and married 17 years ago. She had not grown up with a strong Christmas tradition nor a belief in Santa. She once asked me, "Daddy, what does Santa have to do with Christmas?" She even was accustomed to opening her presents on Christmas Eve!!! (I know, I know...how dreadful).

Shortly after Halloween during our first holiday season together she received a letter from Elf Ernest, Santa's VP of Public Relations, who offered to send her an update from the North Pole every day from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve. These updates not only conveyed news, they answered her specific questions -- Why do we use red and green? Who invented mistletoe and why? Why does Santa go down a chimney? Etc, etc, etc.

Little by little, she became charmed with the whole idea of Santa Claus and by the time Christmas Eve rolled around she insisted and staying home as a family just to "watch and see what happens".

Together we tracked Santa around the world on a large map with a string and some scotch tape. And that has been our family Christmas tradition all these years.

Unbeknowst to me at the time, she shared her daily updates from the north pole with friends. I soon started receiving phone calls. Other parents wanted their kids to get them, too. So, the following year we set up a fax distribution system.

Within two years we were faxing all over the world, at considerable expense.

In 1994 we found the Internet and the beginnings of this website was born. It has all evolved into *this*.

My daughter, now age 22, no longer lives at home. But she comes home often, especially at Christmas. She helps now to write the update from the North Pole and as the updates roll in on Christmas Eve she is right there with the rest of the kids, still putting the string on the map.

Her name is Aubree, which means "ruler of Elves". You could look that up, I'm not kidding.

We're big, big believers in Christmas magic.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:51 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
Jeff: Perfect name and true serendipty.

Joanne: I can't wait to read your mischief ideas....I started compiling a notebook of elf ideas last year but alas.....life got in the way...I really want to work on it again soon and plan out the ideas for 2008....Evan will be two ....what a great age for a little Elf fun during the holidays.

mamma: your girls are so lucky to have someone like you as a mom
Old 05-08-2008, 06:31 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

jolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elf
This is going to be such a fun group...
Ginger, you ROCK! You are so very talented. I enjoy everything you write here and at MHH.

Jeff, that is a beautiful story and your daughter has a beautiful name.

Debbie, I agree with Ginger, your girls are very lucky.

I always listen to Christmas music when I am on these boards, does anyone else??? My husband thinks I am a little crazy and he is right..I am crazy about Christmas.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,688 Times in 13,354 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star Ok, my turn!

I am Christmasstar, or as my friends call me, Ellen. I am Canadian and proud of it! I am a single mom with 3 amazing (most of the time) kids. I drive a school bus and look after elderly folks in their homes helping where ever needed. I volunteer at our local food bank / clothing exchange at least once a week. Reading is a favorite pastime as well.

I have 5 brothers and 1 sister, all married (one brother is divorced) Between us we have 17 kids. Three of those are now married and they have a total of 6 kids making my mom a great grandma. We are a very close knit family and get together often.

My favorite Christmas memory:
One year my parents were having a rough time financially and informed us that Christmas would not be quite as grand as it usually was. There was under the tree only one or two gifts for each of us, and those were just small ones. It was tradition in our family not to open gifts until we returned from church on Christmas eve. So we piled in the car, and dad announced that he forgot his Bible and would be right back. He returned almost 10 min later saying he had to look for it and that is why it took so long. Anyway, when we got back from church and went past the tree to go and change,(that was back when you had special Sunday only outfits) we stopped in awe! There was the biggest pile of gifts under, beside, behind and in the tree we had ever seen. None of us move for awhile. My brother in a soft voice said "they grew!" We all cheered, laughed and cried. It did not take us long to get changed and get back down to start opening those gifts!

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love to visit here for ideas, suggestions and just plain fun! I love to decorate, bake, prepare treats, make gifts. When I do my canning I always make special stuff just for Christmas. I shop and plan all year long. Listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies. Most of all I like to plan ways to surprise my kids with something new.

Last edited by Christmasstar; 05-20-2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: oops, forgot to check the spelling!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:29 PM

Last Achievements

Hello again...we have some new members...making their way over from the Magical forums of Magical Holiday Home...don't forget to post in this forum you have to be a group member...anyone and everyone is welcome to join....!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

cathymacmiller has shown a merry disposition
Hello, fellow Christmas fanatics! This is a pretty cool place to hang out, too! I am just plain Cathymac on Magical Holiday Home, but I had to re-register here, so now I'm Cathymacmiller!

I am from central Arkansas, and I'm a Christmas planning fool! I love all aspects of Christmas, but mostly the planning and getting ready! I have the best time from the first of June until Thanksgiving getting ready for the holidays!

I am a stay at home wife to a wonderful man and mom to three boys, ages 15, 8 and 6. I am active in church and an active member of Magical Holiday Home. I love to blog, and currently have several that I try to keep current. I really like blogging!

I can't wait to see what unfolds this summer and fall to make Christmas 08 the best ever!!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Lanar has shown a merry disposition
Hello To All!

I am from MHH and go by Lana there, but here I had to be Lanar. Glad to be here with you all.

I have been married to my great husband for 28 1/2 years and we have 2 kids. A son 23 and a daughter close to 21. I have 2 sisters, one with older boys (26 & 22) and then the other one has a 5, 3, and 1 1/2 yr old and they are so FUN!!!!! My DH is the only child and his parents are gone.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS AND ALWAYS HAVE IT AT MY HOUSE!!!!!!! Out of the 28 yrs., I think I missed the very first year and in '05 we lost my grandpa, dad and grandma ( in a 14 week period) and my younger sister and mom thought it should be somewhere else so sister had it. It was nice BUT I did miss it. Anyway she decided that I could have it back!

I hope to make it even better from now on with all the ideals and help from you guys!!!!