Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,844
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 01-07-2006, 10:11 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,931 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Flu Blues

Sorry I haven't been around much the last week or so. We're suffering from the flu pretty bad in my house. I've tried going to work a few days and usually it is no big deal for me when I get a bad cold but when my wife gets it too and then our two youngest go down things get dicey.

I HATE when a three year old gets this sick. Poor Emma. She can't talk, can't breathe, wants to play but feels like a slug. All you do is worry when they get so feverish.

We're not done yet but at least today we're going to do a few things. Hope to be back here soon with news of updates for 2006. We have big plans.

Jeff
Old 01-07-2006, 02:20 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
Been a sick week and a half for us as well. I missed just one day of work. Best part of being sick is finally being able to sing bass at church. Hope your family gets feeling better. Glad you're back. I was beginning to wonder if everything was OK.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Smemorina is a new face around here!

Courage and ahead always, soon passes all, also I am evil from more than a month...
If I knew I asked Santa medicines!
Kisses
Old 01-12-2006, 06:55 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
It's so hard to take care of each other when everyone is sick. Poor Emma.

When I was in a Puppet Troupe called, SMILE Inc. we went carolling with our muppet-style puppets to raise money for the Santa Fund. (We're talking '80.) One of the homes we went to, the woman had no spare change and her husband was out at a business meeting. Her son was sick witht he Chicken Pox. We sang four songs there in effort to cheer him up. He tried to smile, but we could tell he was feeling awful. "Like a slug." The way you described your daughter reminded me of how that little boy was feeling.

Hope everyone is better now.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Merry Fourms Member

davidp56 is a new face around here!
Me, too

Originally Posted by sheepsnot
Been a sick week and a half for us as well. I missed just one day of work. Best part of being sick is finally being able to sing bass at church. Hope your family gets feeling better. Glad you're back. I was beginning to wonder if everything was OK.
I had a bad flu bug around Christmastime along with largyngitis. Like you I couldn't sing in my church choir, and I'm the only tenor! It felt good to sing again.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:08 AM
OfNobility1982

I've been very blessed. Eversince I moved to Florida (3 years ago) I've barely had a sniffle. That's not to say that people down here don't get sick, I've just been very fortunate. Maybe it's cause I live by myself now. I'm sure the warm weather has something to do with it in that your outside more often and not stuck in all the time with the germs.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:49 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Twinkle has disabled reputation
Patty, watch out for all the snow birds who come down spreading their Northern germs. I keep a bottle of Chloraseptic throat spray handy after I have been out there working all day with the visitors coming into the area..
Old 01-18-2006, 05:01 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
LOL, Yea I know they hog up the roads too.