Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Woooooohooooooo!!!!!!!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,236
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje

Old 06-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Woooooohooooooo!!!!!!!

Okay, so I'm sitting at work this morning, feeling pretty down because life is just...well...cruddy lately when my sister Mandy, her DH, their four kids and my sister Sarah come strolling in. Not that unusual really...they sometimes bring the kids by on Friday to say "hi".

So, they all come trooping into the office and the conversation goes something like this:

Mandy: Hey, we just stopped by to check and see how you're doing.

Me: I'm doing fine...how bout you guys?

Mandy: Well...I was doing okay until a few seconds ago...DH pulled into the parking space next to yours a little too close and I dinged your door with mine when I opened it.

Me: Oh, that's okay, no biggie.

Mandy: No. I really think you need to come have a look at it because I really nailed it hard. I had no idea it was that close (glaring at her DH).

Me: No, really, it's no big deal. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think.

Mandy: Honestly. I think your DH is going to kill me, I chipped the paint and everything. It's a pretty big ding. I'd feel better if you came and had a look.

Her DH looked completely miserably guilty and my sister Sarah chimed in to tell me that I really *should* go have a look at the car because it really *was* a good sized gash.

So, I heave a big sigh and head for the office door. After all, things have been pretty crappy lately so why wouldn't my sister have dented/dinged my car door? I take two steps out of the office door and something red at the corner of my eye catches my attention. I turned to see who was standing there and it was....

....MY BROTHER!!!! Finally home on leave!! The little turkey didn't tell anyone in the family that he was coming home. He's active duty Air Force and we haven't seen him in over a year. He did a stint in the desert and then went back to his home base in Japan. He was supposed to come home a couple of times but his leave got pulled back because of other deployments so we all were really thinking we weren't going to get to see him anytime soon. But now he's here!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,518 Times in 922 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
That's wonderful. I am hope you enjoy your family reunion!!!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:44 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
I got goose bumps big as jay bird eggs when I read that sunshine! That's great!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
What a wonderful suprise. I hope you have a wonderful visit! Give him a hug from all of us and thank him for what he does!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

irishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elf
Sunshine!!! YEAH!! I too got goosebumps and a tear in the eye.. what a way for your family to tell you!!! Have a great visit! Laugh, cry and love each other!!! And thank your brother for all he does to keep us free and safe!!

God bless!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:46 AM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
Such a wonderful surprise,,,enjoy your time!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,116 Times in 13,434 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I cried when I read this, and I am so happy for you!
Old 06-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Thanks everyone!!! We're so happy to have him home. He came with my DH and I this morning to pick my SD up from camp...she was so excited and surprised to see him because it's been years since she's been here at the same time he has. We all went to breakfast together and had a great time laughing and sharing stories. It was amazing!! We're all having a cook out tomorrow to celebrate two family birthdays and now my brother's homecoming.

I have to say, though, he almost ended up getting the police called on him when he got home. He'd wanted to surprise everyone so he took a limo from the airport (it's about 2 1/2 hours away) and got to mom's house at about 11:00 pm. He said he peeked in a couple of windows and didn't see anyone up or any lights on so he decided that he would pick the lock on the kitchen door (the things being in the military has taught him), let himself in and crash on the couch, surprising everyone by being there in the morning.

Unfortunately, my 17 year old sister was awake and heard him trying to pick the lock. She woke mom up and they were trying to figure out if it was just the wind or an animal on the porch or if they needed to call 911. My sister had the phone in her hand ready to dial 911 when my mom decided to flip on the overhead kitchen lights in an effort to scare the "intruder" away. It was then that she saw it was my brother!!!

He's lucky they didn't call 911...what a welcome home that would have been!! LOL
Old 06-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

usafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That's awesome. I am prior active duty Air Force so I know how important and rare that is for him to be able to take the time to take that leave to spend time with you and your family. May you all enjoy his company as he's there and God bless him on his travels whenever it is that his leave should expire. And from one vet to another, pass on my thanks for his service to this Country.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Sunshine...That is so awesome. What a nice surprise.