Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > TV » Keeping up Appearances Christmas DVD

My Merry Christmas Announcement

TV For any child of the 1960s (and later) Christmas just wouldn't be the same without television. Talk Christmas on the tube here, brought to us and constantly updated by the most comprehensive Christmas television resource online, MerryChristmasTV.net.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,840
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 09-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
holly Keeping up Appearances Christmas DVD

I ordered the Keeping Up Appearances "Deck the Halls" Christmas DVD and it's way to my home now. I just love the program and was wondering if anyone here has the Christmas DVD and their thoughts on it.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Well I received the Keeping Up Appearances "Deck the Halls" DVD and if you are a fan of the show you will like this DVD. Not all the episodes are Christmas, in fact only one out of the four is Christmas but it doesn't matter.
Christmas special is called "A Very Merrry Hyacinth" where she dresses Richard up as they call "Father christmas", which eventually involves a mistake in identiy.

2nd special is call "Sea Fever", where they take a holiday (I guess that's why they called the episodes "Holiday", because they call vacations holidays. Anyway they take a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) as Hyacinth calls it. It's a long story but very funny.

3rd special is called "Angel Gabriel Blue" and nope, not a Christmas special the title is the color of countertops.

4th special is called "Historical Pageant", where Hyacinth plays the queen and her cast of characters is not what she planned.

DVD also includes the "Kitty Monologues" and Bios of the Cast. The DVD runs aprox. 165 minutes.

As I said if you are a fan of this program, then you will like this DVD. I am glad I bought this DVD.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love Keeping Up Appearances, she is to funny. I also like Are You Being Served, and Black Adder. They don't show Black Adder anymore here on PBS, haven't seen Mr. Bean either.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

When my son was still living at home he always watched Mr. Bean. I'm thinking of getting him a Mr. Bean dvd for Christmas

I got my Keeping up Appearances dvd at Amazon.com. It was about $15.00.

Our local pbs does not carry these programs as they did in the past.