Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Happy First Official Day of Fall

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 09-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,690 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by officepro4u View Post
Yum...do share the recipe!!!! My daughter and I are making chocolate chip cookies tonight. Mmmmm!!!
The recipe is a keeper...they turned out very yummy!!

Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies

1 1/2 C. shortening
2 2/3 C. packed brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/4 C. all purpose flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
4 C. old-fashioned oats

FILLING:
3/4 C. shortening
3 C. confectioners sugar
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
1 to 3 Tbsp. milk

1. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening & brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt & nutmeg; add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats.

2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. (I baked mine for 9 minutes) Remove to wire racks to cool.

3. For filling, in a mixing bowl, cream first three ingredients. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread filling on the bottom half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.

Yeild: about 4 1/2 dozen (mine made about 3 1/2 dozen sandwiches)

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (09-23-2008)

Old 09-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Yes, I am so happy Fall is here for many reasons. Football, cooler weather, Christmas and the approaching end of hurricane season!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Dreamer has shown a merry disposition
OMG Holiday! Those sound amazing...especially that FILLING. I'm drooling! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Dreamer
Old 09-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
brrrrrrrrrr temps in the low 40's here which mean soon the oil furnace will have to be turned on yikes!
I'm ready to put the flannel sheets on my bed.