Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » It's a wonderful life????

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,831
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,728)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 09-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
It's a wonderful life????

i am fortunate enough to live near to a beautiful little village that has the most old fashioned picture house (cinema) in england. it was built in the late 1920's and is still set out like a traditional 1920's cinema, there is nothing modern about it, from the staff to the seating. it is beautiful!

anyways, on 23rd december they are playing "it's a wonderful life" at 7pm, tickets are on sale now - that's how close we are to the season! and i am going to get some next week for me and a couple of family members. i just wanted an honest opinion of what you think of the film (i haven't seen it - *hangs head in shame*) is it a weepy? is it a real feel good christmas classic? is it suitable for younger kids?

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-28-2008, 06:51 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,467 Times in 1,753 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
To be honest, I hadn't seen it until a year before last. My friend and I had a Christmas video-fest, complete with 4 Christmas DVD's, wine and munchies. Before we started, she brought out a box of Kleenex and said "You'll need that" Yeah, right, okay says I. Thoroughly enjoyed it but needed the kleenex!!!!!

What a muppet!!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:21 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,721 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Johnor....that cinema makes me soooo curious....I love those old-fashioned type of things
Old 09-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
tanja, it is so beautiful, so little and quaint and old fashioned. it has red velvet seats and it has an intermission in the middle of the film and a lady comes around with an ice cream cart! even the popcorn is in one of them really old school machines. it only has one screen. it's probably my favourite place out of everywhere in my city.

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
That is very nice.

I would definately love to check that out. The last old theater, in my area, closed about five years ago. It was a wonderful place, where you could travel back in time.

It's a "wonderful" flick, as well!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
This is my absolute favorite Christmas movie of all time. So much that I recorded it last year and it's still on my DVR. I highly recommend watching it.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
I feel it's appropriate for children.
I have 4 and they've all seen it.
The movie has children in it too.

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 09-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Snowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry disposition
Its the best!!! I've seen it a million times and could watch it a million more. That setting will only make it better....
Old 09-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Snow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry disposition
The cinema sounds great!

IAWL is a lovely film, one of the altime best Xmas movies out there. Enjoy yourselves!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:39 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,721 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
tanja, it is so beautiful, so little and quaint and old fashioned. it has red velvet seats and it has an intermission in the middle of the film and a lady comes around with an ice cream cart! even the popcorn is in one of them really old school machines. it only has one screen. it's probably my favourite place out of everywhere in my city.
do they have a webpage or something? or do You have pictures of it?.....

I might check it they sell the movie on Amazon.de....I reallly want more Christmas movies....and those old ones have some aura to it that I love