Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Controversy & Opinion » Controversy Erupts as UK College Dumps Christmas

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 09-21-2008, 11:10 AM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,078 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Controversy Erupts as UK College Dumps Christmas

London: Bosses at Yorkshire Coast College have scrubbed Christmas and Easter from their calendar in a bid to avoid offending students from other religions. The college’s new calendar shows that both of the traditional holiday periods have now been re-branded as “end of term breaks”. They have removed them from their calendar to avoid offending [...]

More from Defend Christmas...

Old 09-21-2008, 12:16 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
why does tolerance to all involve intolerance of Christmas & Easter?
clarebear (09-28-2008), HolidayHoney (09-28-2008)
Old 09-21-2008, 12:18 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,931 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Exactly!
Old 09-21-2008, 12:25 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
makes my head hurt

"we dont want to offend a small group of people, so we'll just upset the large group"
Old 09-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
why does tolerance to all involve intolerance of Christmas & Easter?
+1
Old 09-28-2008, 11:12 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
somehow....everyone cares about not putting down any religion....but with that....they put down Christianity....and I don´t like that...How do Christians feel about this?...

As I said before...none of my Muslim friends feel offended by us celebrating Christmas....or when I say Merry Christmas to them...I usually don´t....but it happened and they are not mad...I even got a present for Christmas from my fiance´s best friend....and he´s a muslim.....

I mean...do You think people in Saudi Arabia or people in Dubai care if someone feels offended by the call for prayer 5 times the day? No, they don´t....and rightly so, because these places are just mainly country´s with people who are muslims...

this just makes me so mad...I can´t even describe...of course we should all respect other cultures and religion...but do we have to forget our own traditions and religious things to celebrate?

I don´t think so!
Old 09-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
it's pathetic, the world has gone mad, everybody is terrified to speak over here due to political correctness!

this is a big wide world, we are all people and we are all entitled to our religious beliefs, nobody should be offended by anyone elses.

if i were a pupil at that college, i would start a petition, i wouldn't just accept that.

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-29-2008, 02:29 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
more power to Ya girl....it´s so ridiculous .... it still makes me mad
Old 09-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Christmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elf
Originally Posted by ElfBot View Post
London: Bosses at Yorkshire Coast College have scrubbed Christmas and Easter from their calendar in a bid to avoid offending students from other religions. The college’s new calendar shows that both of the traditional holiday periods have now been re-branded as “end of term breaks”. They have removed them from their calendar to avoid offending [...]

More from Defend Christmas...
Ok so it's ok for THEM to take away the terms Christmas and Easter so they don't offend other religions but what about THEM OFFENDING THOSE OF US WHO CELEBRATE WITH THE TERMS CHRISTMAS AND EASTER??? It's not fair to us, and it really upsets me that the world thinks it's ok for us to be offended as long as no one else is.