Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » Halloween punch - help!

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 Catching Santa: Ain't...
By Elf Ed Zachary
11-26-2013 03:03 AM
4,374 Views  0 Posts
The Gift My Brother...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:03 PM
45,792 Views  0 Posts
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
63,037 Views  0 Posts
Handel's Messiah
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:18 PM
47,352 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Tree for...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:19 PM
55,475 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Halloween punch - help!

hi!

i was wondering if any of you domestic god/godesses could give me a recipe for a halloween punch? something fruity and kind of gory looking? bear in mind we don't have certain things that you guys in the U.S/Canada/Germany may have (kool aid, sherbert etc..)

any help appreciated, would really love to make a big bowl this year.

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Christmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elf
I mix a grape kool-aide mix and cherry kool-aide mix to make a dark color punch. I fill a medical plastic glove with water and put it in the freezer. When you serve the punch take the frozen ice out of the glove (its shaped as a hand) and put it in the punch. Hope this helps.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Christmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elf
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
hi!

i was wondering if any of you domestic god/godesses could give me a recipe for a halloween punch? something fruity and kind of gory looking? bear in mind we don't have certain things that you guys in the U.S/Canada/Germany may have (kool aid, sherbert etc..)

any help appreciated, would really love to make a big bowl this year.

Sorry didn't see the kool-aid part. Do you have any type of powdered fruit drink mixes? If not do you have dark grape juice and cranberry juice? Maybe use the juices with a clear soda?
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas Snow Angel For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (09-30-2008)
Old 09-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Johnor if you can get any type of grape and a orange powder drink mix...mix it together and it will make a black punch. If it's not already sweetened add sugar. Then you could also consider this idea as well. Wash a disposable (rubber like) glove, add water, tie the end with a rubber band and freeze until hard. Remove the glove carefully using scissors. Add to punch for a floating hand effect...
Old 09-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Santa's Mentor

Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Ok here are some others I found online....Had to laugh I didn't realise CSA also mentioned the rubber glove too...oops! It is pretty cool thou if you have never tried it. Anyhow....

Creepy Crawly Fruit Punch

2 10oz packages frozen strawberries, thawed (or equivalent fresh)
1 6oz can lemonade concentrate, thawed (or 1 cup of undiluted lemon squash)
1 quart ginger ale
Gummy worms

Place the strawberries in a food processor. Add thawed lemonade and process until smooth. Pour into a punchbowl, add the ginger ale and blend well together.

Place some of the gummy worms in the punch and put the rest around the top of the punch bowl. Serve with a gummy worm over the side of the cup!

Hot Witch Punch
1 gallon apple cider (apple juice)
1 (16 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
2 cinnamon sticks
2 cloves

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Simmer over low heat for approximately 15 minutes. Transfer to punch bowl and serve.

Pumpkin Punch
1 (12-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 (1-liter) bottles of ginger ale
1 package orange sherbet (optional)

In a punch bowl combine condensed milk and orange juice concentrate. Add ginger ale and mix well. If you like, just before serving top with scoops of orange sherbet and serve

* Please note I have NOT tried these recipes. However I did get them from a UK website*
Old 09-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Santa's Mentor

Green Punch
2 (3 ounce) packages lime flavored gelatin mix
945 ml hot water
1 l pineapple juice
2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
400 g white sugar
1065 ml cold water
2 liters ginger ale
  1. In a large saucepan dissolve the gelatin in 1 quart of hot water. Allow to cool.
  2. When gelatin is cool, pour into a large punch bowl, Stir in pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate, sugar and 4 1/2 cups cold water. Pour in ginger ale just before serving
This recipe had good reviews. Not sure if you have access to all the ingredients thou.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

chrismom has shown a merry dispositionchrismom has shown a merry disposition
Those sound like really great recipes..
Old 10-03-2008, 08:48 AM
On the Naughty List

MerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elf
Originally Posted by Christmas Snow Angel View Post
I mix a grape kool-aide mix and cherry kool-aide mix to make a dark color punch. I fill a medical plastic glove with water and put it in the freezer. When you serve the punch take the frozen ice out of the glove (its shaped as a hand) and put it in the punch. Hope this helps.
Or use a red powdered drink mix and make a bloody looking hand. LOL!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by senorac View Post
Relax! my Fiesta Party Punch saves the Party and the day!

Take a Can each of Frozen Lemonade, Orange Juice and Limeade, thaw them slightly, enough the Juice can get out of their Cans.
Put each together into the Punch Bowl.
Next, take 7 UP, Sprite and Fresca Sodas, mix them in, with a little bit of Sunkist Orange Soda.
Mix these together, you have a Spooky Orange Punch that goes with Any occassion.
Ladle into Cups and Serve.
It is Delicious and Party - goers Love it!
Mine is rated Best in the Neighborhood.

Sounds delicious!