Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » It's a wonderful life????

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
My Santa Claus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:41 PM
52,166 Views  0 Posts
Counter Point: Why There...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:38 PM
43,436 Views  0 Posts
The Holly and the Ivy
By MMC Editor
06-08-2008 09:25 PM
67,427 Views  0 Posts
Santa in My Backyard
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:32 PM
43,729 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:49 PM
51,694 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-03-2008, 10:34 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Wenceslaus View Post
Wikipedia article: It's a Wonderful Life
Don't you just love it when Wikipedia quotes My Merry Christmas?
Old 10-04-2008, 05:24 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
im guessing they didnt credit the site either

Theyre not always the most reliable on facts
Old 10-04-2008, 07:35 AM

Last Achievements

They linked us. We've got about a dozen Wiki links on vaious topics. I'm told webmasters really covet those links so I brag about it as much as I can. But you're right....the world seems to love Wikipedia and it's one of those places where if something is posted there some will take it as gospel truth. I never use it myself.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Snow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
They linked us. We've got about a dozen Wiki links on vaious topics. I'm told webmasters really covet those links so I brag about it as much as I can. But you're right....the world seems to love Wikipedia and it's one of those places where if something is posted there some will take it as gospel truth. I never use it myself.
Granted, it's not always 100% true, but a user-created encyclapaedia, that can be updated at any time, by anyone, is a great idea!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:00 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
i read it for movie plot summaries
Old 10-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
"It's A Wonderful Life" is always what I say when asked, "what is your all-time, favorite movie?"
When I first got married we had some pretty hard times. I would get depressed a lot. This was the movie that would cheer me up. It would make me think about all that I had to be thankful for. I sitll get wet around the eyes at some point during the movie and I've seen it hundreds of times.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
But you're right....the world seems to love Wikipedia and it's one of those places where if something is posted there some will take it as gospel truth. I never use it myself.
BBC News, 2005:
The free online resource Wikipedia is about as accurate on science as the Encyclopedia Britannica, a study shows.

The British journal Nature examined a range of scientific entries on both works of reference and found few differences in accuracy.
I happen to be one of the editors of the Wikipedia article on "It's a Wonderful Life". I challenge anyone to find an inaccuracy in it.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:20 PM

Last Achievements

I didn't say "everything" on Wikipedia was inaccurate.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
This is the type of movie that puts life in perspective.

"Put others before thyself and be thankful what you have, family etc." I believe that is what makes this movie timeless.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:47 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Snow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry disposition
"It's a wonderful life" in 30 seconds (and re-enacted by bunnies)...

http://www.angryalien.com/1204/wonderful_lifebuns.asp
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snow is falling... For This Useful Post:
BritneyBug (10-05-2008), HolidayHoney (10-08-2008), snowytree (11-14-2008)