Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » Your perfect Christmas meal....

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Your perfect Christmas meal....

describe your perfect christmas meal. you can start with what you would have for breakfast, then christmas dinner, then late night snacks etc... it doesn't necessarily have to be what you have in reality, but what you would have if you had the choice.

for me it would be a full cooked english breakfast : bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, baked beans, mushrooms, hash browns, hot and buttered toast and a hazelnut coffee (washed down with copious amounts of bucks fizz)

then for christmas dinner it would be: a prawn cocktail to start followed with turkey and goose, stuffing, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, bread sauce, baked leeks, green beans, cauliflower cheese, carrot & turnip, yorkshire puddings and lashings of turkey gravy. for dessert it would be hot treacle sponge with custard (washed down with more bucks fizz!)

for late night snacking it would be a buffet of: turkey sandwiches with mayo, chicken wings, hot dogs, slices of different pizzas, sausage rolls, bread sticks and dips, chocolates and more bucks fizz!

i would then be 2 stones heavier, but hey, it's christmas!!!!!!!!!

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-19-2008), MissFrissmas (11-19-2008)

Old 10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
uh oh girl....I think You gon lose Your figure over Christmas....hahahah.....

hers my perfect dinner

roasted chicken/or turkey....I love birds..., with mashed potoatoes and gravy, baked beans maybe some mac and cheese and corn bread (I haven´t eaten any since 1999)

for desert....maybe some ice cream and christmas cookies

of course as drinks....some nice sweet white wine for the dinner...but then....Im´more the beer type of person....so any of the American Beers....or a good Guiness.....later on we will continue to drink....but Strawberry Bowl....I don´t know my grandfather´s recipe....but it´s so delicious....it´s a ton of strawberries, sparkling wine...., white wine and a bit of lemon.....of course....the strawberries have to soak up everything....so You have to put it in the wine and sparkling wine the day before serving.....on Christmas 2003...my Grandfather made it....and strated tasting it in the morning "to see and taste if it´s good enough for his family".....by the time we started drinking....he was already a bit tipsy (he´s the type of guy who becomes funny when he´s drunk....)....it was hilarious!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-19-2008)
Old 10-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
Dinner with my ENTIRE family. The food is an afterthought. This coming from a woman where everyone gushes over the food that I prepare. Our oldest son will be in TX for Christmas this year and I'm already missing him.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Wow thats a lot of food, but sounds delicious! I would be quite a bit heavier too

My perfect Christmas meal would be:

Breakfast: French toast or pancakes with powered sugar and fresh fruit

Dinner: Spiral Ham with glaze, Maybe a nice turkey too, my Grandma's homemade dressing, mashed potatoes with a little bit of garlic and lots of butter, greenbean casserole, deviled eggs, corn, homemade rolls and for dessert pumpkin pie with lots of whipped cream and homemade Christmas cookies (an assortment please).

Yummy now Im starting to get hungry again and I just finished lunch!

The Following User Says Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-19-2008)
Old 10-16-2008, 12:48 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
what are deviled eggs?

Old 10-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Breakfast would be my b/f's scrambled egg's with cheese,bacon, and a donut or slice of French toast for a sweet

Christmas dinner...Ham with cherries and pineapple, sweet potatoes,mashed potatoes and gravy , baked beans,french style green bean's,baked macaroni and cheese,carrot stick's,corn on the cob and for dessert...apple crisp .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms_Speedy_Elf For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-19-2008)
Old 10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
when you all say baked beans, you don't mean our british baked beans, right? i cannot imagine having them on a christmas dinner!

Old 10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

thx ladies....I just gained 5 pounds....only from reading....

Old 10-16-2008, 12:54 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
when you all say baked beans, you don't mean our british baked beans, right? i cannot imagine having them on a christmas dinner!
I donīt know if they are british....but I guess those are the ones Iīm talking bout....I mix them with different things....tastes great....I know....you guys have it for breakfast....donīt cha?

Old 10-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

they might not be british actually, but i just assumed they were?

we eat them for breakfast mainly, is that what you all mean?