Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Has anyone seen The Christmas Shoes ?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,096
Threads: 53,977
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, K31E

Old 10-20-2008, 04:21 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,064 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
I just don't like the sadness of it and I think the song is...well, I hesitate to say this but, I think the song is dumb! There I said it! Hate me if you will but that's why I don't like it. I like to be happy and jolly at Christmas not sad. I know that there is sadness in the world but, I deal with the sadness all year, I'm not doing it at Christmas.

Thats the good thing about films and people in general everyone has a different opinion on it.

No one is gonna hate you becuse you dont like it, everyone is different.

It is really sad at time so I see why you might not like it

The Following User Says Thank You to irishsnow For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (10-20-2008)

Old 10-20-2008, 04:32 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,840 Times in 3,809 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I can't stand the song or the movie. You can be mad at me if you want, it's ok I won't hold it against you.
I knew someone, once who wouldnīt watch any movies that didnīt have a happy end...for example...she never saw the Titanic movie with Leo and Kate...because he dies at the end...

I can understand it to some extend....We see bad things on the news and in the streets everyday...why watch something sad...when we can choose for a comedy or something like that.

I personally like sad movies, too...but sometimes...I canīt cope with it and settle for something funny or cute

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

emski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elf
I enjoyed the film, although it does make me cry whenever I see it.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,095 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
wow Johnor....You are a drama teacher? how fresh is that?

how is it when the kids are on stage....are You more exited and nervous than when You are on stage? I know that from Sports coaches...Marion Jones (former world class sprinter...now a bit disgraced but still my girl) that she was much more nervous when her girls basketball team she coached played than when she was on the track

to the question: I havenīt seen this flick yet...but I will try to find it somewhere to watch it!!!
yeah track, i used to teach drama, i don't now because i am acting myself but i enjoyed it whilst it lasted! we put a play of the christmas shoes on last december, my young cousin was the lead role and he was fantastic! all my kids were, but he stood out! yeah, i was FAR more nervous watching them than when i was on stage because you have no control of it.

I can't stand the song or the movie. You can be mad at me if you want, it's ok I won't hold it against you.
oh i see your point, it is ridiculously sad. but i think it puts things into perspective. nobody would hate you for that, we are a family here!

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (10-20-2008)
Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
I knew someone, once who wouldnīt watch any movies that didnīt have a happy end...for example...she never saw the Titanic movie with Leo and Kate...because he dies at the end...

I can understand it to some extend....We see bad things on the news and in the streets everyday...why watch something sad...when we can choose for a comedy or something like that.

I personally like sad movies, too...but sometimes...I canīt cope with it and settle for something funny or cute
My first choice when it comes to movies will always be a comedy! I'm funny by nature. Or atleast that's what people tell me! I'll even choose a romantic comedy as well. I don't avoid sad movies just ones that are sad at Christmas time. To tell you the truth if it wasn't for me hearing that Christmas Shoes song I probably, maybe would have given it a chance. I just can't get past that dumb song and I saw a video for the song too! That pretty much sums up the movie right there so there's no need for me to torture myself by watching the movie. I saw Titanic and it was long! It was an ok movie although I don't like Leo DiCaprio and that theme song sung by Celine Dion was played to death! It was ok though even though it was sad. I just won't watch a sad Christmas movie.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Merry KISSmas
Last Achievements

Mr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elf
Is this the movie with Rob Lowe?
They have it at my Blockbuster... I threatened my wife with renting it last year, but did not have to follow through with it... yet.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

niktsak has shown a merry disposition
this movie is one of my favorites!!!!!!i have seen it 3 times and i cant wait to watch it again!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
Is this the movie with Rob Lowe?
They have it at my Blockbuster... I threatened my wife with renting it last year, but did not have to follow through with it... yet.
Yes, I think it is. It's also the movie which has a pair of shoes in it that look like they are from the wizard of oz!