Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Shopping > Gifting » ** What Men REALLY Want for Christmas **

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Gifting Need ideas? Brainstorm here with others about what to give for him or her!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,232
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by ducktapehero View Post
Tools? Lame?
Tools are great, especially multi-tools like Leatherman tools...
My husband loves his leatherman tool. He gave those as gifts to his groomsmen!

Old 10-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by scottish*mama*claus View Post
okay, so what I got out of all these posts are: cds, movies, gift cards, pants, camera, game systems, tattoos, some female celebrity and flashlights??

None of those would help me at all. What do you do when your guy doesn't want ANY of those things?

What do you get him when he doesn't drop ANY hints during the year, wants nothing for his birthday, and says he wants nothing for Christmas? Refuses to make alist or give you any ideas...

He has no interests...no sports teams, musical acts (that I haven't already bought him), no hobbies, isn't handy around the house (so tools are out).

Annie
Boudoir photo? I don't know! Just kiddin' about the boudoir thing unless that's an option!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by dominick View Post
In the scheme of things, $90 isn't that bad for a flashlight. What'd you get him?

Just for comparison, the "Borealis" flashlight system built into a 3D cell MagLite body goes for about $300. Still not nearly the most expensive on the market. Heck, even my MagCharger goes for about $80 new and I spent $30 upgrading it (though the light itself was given to me by an old police officer), and it's not really all that impressive.
I can't think of what the light was. I want to say a streamlight. $90 isn't that bad except that he's got 1 on his night stand, 1 (Maglight) under the bed, 1 on a charger in his truck, 1 (Mag light) in my car, 1 in his car, 2 survivor lights for his fire gear, some other kind of bright light for his rescue helmet and he just bought 1 for his dad and a smaller version for himself! We're maxed out on flashlights here! I know he's got more but, I've blocked them from my memory! I'm not going to even tell him about this thread because if he finds out that there's one out there for $300 he'll want that one. He also has gone through 2 of those million candle power spotlights as well. Sheesh! How much more light do we need?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,155 Times in 819 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Looking at his list now in big letters it says NEW ACDC CD.so yup it'll be in his stocking this christmas.I'd love to get him tickets to see them too. but for now he'll be happy with a new tattoo I make up..

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 10-20-2008, 11:56 AM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
I've got four lights... just on my night stand. I don't even want to make an effort at counting them all right now, and I'm currently waiting for one more to arrive from Hong Kong.

I've been eyeing a couple Streamlights from work... they make a good product.

Does your husband know about the candlepowerforums?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

I've got four lights... just on my night stand. I don't even want to make an effort at counting them all right now, and I'm currently waiting for one more to arrive from Hong Kong.

I've been eyeing a couple Streamlights from work... they make a good product.

Does your husband know about the candlepowerforums?
I don't know if he knows about that or not. He's already on a Dodge lovers forum! You probably get your lights from the same place that he does. He gets stuff from Hong Kong all the time. He's nuts with the lights and with LED's. The brighter the better for him. I'm surprised I'm not blind!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:48 PM

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
My kinda guy. I've always been fascinated with LEDs.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

My kinda guy. I've always been fascinated with LEDs.
Yeah, you two would get along great!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

scottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elf
nope, doesn't really like musical acts...what he likes I already bought him (only old stuff from the 60s and 70s). He DOESN'T like gadgets, or tools. I just don't know anymore. And frankly I think I'm just going to give him what he asked for. Nothing. Then he'll cry and whine and carry on he got nothing and I'll have to hear about it all year.
I can't win.

Annie
Old 10-20-2008, 10:32 PM

Well if he doesn't like gadgets, surely he likes to eat. How about an industrial drum of beef jerky?