Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » ** I Need Some Halloween HELP! ***

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,428
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How to Stick to Your...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:43 PM
48,489 Views  0 Posts
The Battle Over Jingle...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:59 PM
49,663 Views  0 Posts
Never Swear in Front of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:35 PM
43,404 Views  0 Posts
Papa's Christmas Surprise
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:21 PM
51,541 Views  0 Posts
What exactly is an elf?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:47 PM
56,240 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Jeff -- I didn't want to be the one to suggest having someone on the roof -- but our sons' group did that. It was incredibly effective and scary. I can't remember what he had - but a bazooka squirt gun sounds great. (Could you have water bottles up there for refills - so he wouldn't have to come down to refill it?)
Old 10-19-2008, 09:23 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,887 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Are you kidding me? He wants to take the hose up there.

I'm a bit concerned because we've got so many age groups to look out for.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:08 AM
On the Naughty List

MerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elf
Originally Posted by MerryChristmasLydio View Post
A bloody haunted barber shop with lots of fake blood squirting at the kids from ghostly barbers who were killed and stabbed by their own costumers by using scissors and razers!!!! LOL!

NO! WAIT! Start out as a Haunted Bloody barber shop. Then go into things like a Haunted doll house of nightmares, then a bloody restaurant kitchen, then a ghostly hospital. YEAH! WHAT?!
To add to this, how about a gorey looking dentist office! OR how about a bloody funeral home?!
Old 10-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Ummm,at a fair once they had a spook house and they had a chain saw in there. Of course it didn't have the blade on it ,but you could have someone in a scary mask revving the chain saw .

At a spook house we had during a school carnival we had bowl's filled with worm's( spaggetti ) and eyeball's (grape's in jello). Someone took the people's hand and stuck it in the bowl's.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Yes we want to enclose it. The porch is set back a way and the eaves of the house extend out about 15 feet, making a kind of shady area of the walk. I can easily build something to make it feel more closed it. She mentioned dry ice, warm dripping blood, screams, etc. But I wonder what else we should do? The strobe light sounds like a good idea. My son, who is 14, wants to be up on the roof with a bazooka squirt gun but that might be a bit over the top. We do have to worry about the little ones. But this is Utah -- where even teenagers trick or treat -- which means I may be out there with a squirt gun too.

Beware of the strobe light it effects people who get seizures.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by auntieclaus View Post
Beware of the strobe light it effects people who get seizures.

Yes,I'm one of them.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

hummin4him has shown a merry dispositionhummin4him has shown a merry disposition
Tunnel of doom

We did a haunted house for our youthgroup one year. One of the scariest things was extremely easy. We hung a section of the walk with black yarn drenched in water. We tied knots in the end to make it feel like you are walking into spiders. If you keep this section dark it creates the same feel as walking into a spider web unexpectedly.

As I remember more I will post it.

Happy haunting.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:16 PM

Last Achievements

Good one! Keep them coming...
Old 10-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

lightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Do you have a spirit store there. It is a halloween specialty store. I love that store for ideas. Lowes has some really neat ground breakers when you make a loud noise it talks to you and tells you to leave his grave area. I like it. Here is a picture of my ground breakers.

This guy is made out of a tomato cage with two rebars for legs and they are the stakes in the ground. I bought a latex mask and hands. We took a tomato cage and welded two halfs of a small tomato cage to the second ring in the large cage. Then welded the two rebars coming down for the legs. We dressed him in a thrift store jump suit and put his mask on and hands on. I put a light in the face mask and he is scary.

I wish I lived next to you that would be fun.
The simplest things are the scariest. Have some one dress up in a scary werewolfe costume (it works best with a couple of them) and have them just follow the people making scary noises but never touching anyone. That scares the heck out of the teens. I would also say get a fogger at a discount store and have that putting out the fog at the beginning of the walk.
Check out xmaslilly's decorations in the halloween section at my site. I will tell her you need help and see if she will come over and post some neat ideas for you.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:25 PM

Last Achievements

Thanks, lightitup -- I should post this over there. Yes, we have a Spirit store here and Abby is already there spending my money.