Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » www.filmschoolrejects.com/top5/the-ten-worst-christmas-movies-of-all-time.php

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 10-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Santas Little Helper
Last Achievements

Lorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry disposition
present www.filmschoolrejects.com/top5/the-ten-worst-christmas-movies-of-all-time.php

I found this website while looking for some new DVDs to buy, I thought id share it because I don’t think I agree much to what they have said about these movies!

So what I want to know is do you think these movies belong on this list?? And are there comments correct? Which movies on here do you enjoy to watch and why… etc so let me know your thoughts on this!!

Thanks

10. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)

With a title like this, it’s almost too easy. And while you most likely have seen this one during the good old Mystery-Science Theater 3000 days, you can still catch it on video and even aired by one of the Turner networks in December. It features a wino Santa and Martians so crappy they put Plan 9 from Outer Space to shame. Oh, and it’s got Pia Zadora in it, too!

9. The Nativity Story (2006)

We can just imagine the pitch meeting in Hollywood. Some lunkhead producer yelled, “The Passion of the Christ made more than $300 million! What else can we mine from the Bible?” So they cast the 15-year-old Keisha Castle-Hughes, who got herself pregnant for the film’s release (which really ****ed off the Pope). Here’s a hint… she wasn’t carrying the baby Jesus.

8. Fred Claus (2007)

Vince Vaughn and Paul Giamatti were cobbled by the family-oriented bent of this film. It just goes to prove that Vince Vaughn just ain’t funny if you don’t let him swear (or if he is wearing a dress and killing people).

7. Miracle on 34th Street (1994)

Who the hell had the brilliant idea of remaking this indelible classic… again? The cast was lame, and the climactic courtroom scene was ruined with an unnecessary rewrite. In the 60th anniversary DVD of the original, Maureen O’Hara giggles at the fact that every remake of this film has bombed. You go, Mo!

6. The Santa Clause 2 (2002)

Yeah, we know this is a cash cow for Disney, but that doesn’t make it any good. The first film was okay, but this one was lame. Even worse, the moronic director did the entire DVD commentary as if he got permission to shoot in the North Pole with the real Santa and his elves. I guess he didn’t realize that second graders don’t listen to DVD commentaries.

5. Christmas with the Kranks (2004)

Hey look! Another Tim Allen movie has made the list! Written by legal novelist John Grisham, this awkward holiday comedy showed that even a bestselling author can inspire crap.

4. Deck the Halls (2006)

Why does Matthew Broderick keep getting cast in movies? He hasn’t done a live-action film worth a bucket of snot since Election. And how could Danny DeVito sign on for this stinker? He must have needed rent money. A war of holiday lights turns into wacky family comedy… so much so, you’ll want to throw up.

3. Black Christmas (2006)

After the Weinstein Company’s dismal release of Wolf Creek on Christmas Day 2005, they tried to repeat their mistake with a horror movie remake in 2006… and they were successful in failing. Maybe they should have had some of the young hotties in the cast (e.g., Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Lacey Chabert or Michelle Trachtenberg) do a gratuitous nude scene.

2. The Santa Clause 3 (2006)

It’s Tim Allen again, dishing out more holiday pain. But this time, he’s joined by the show-tune loving Martin Short as Jack Frost. Arguably a better premise than #2, the movie melts down in the end with the cheesiest ending since V: The Final Battle.

1. Surviving Christmas (2004)

Nothing says Christmas in October like James Gandolfini in a Santa hat. ‘Nuff said.

Personally I am a ‘Christmas with the Kranks’ and Santa Clause 2 and 3 lover, but let me know what you think xxx

Old 10-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
I liked all the Santa Clause movie's and the Nativity Story.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I've also heard a lot of negative feedback on Fred Claus. I cant comment because I haven't seen it yet.
As for the Santa Clause films, I thoroughly enjoy watching every one.
Miracle on 34th Street, the re-make is a brilliant movie. I like both versions actually.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

lmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love all The Santa Clause movies as well. And Christmas with the Kranks. And Deck the Halls. And just about every Christmas movie out there. lol.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
To be honest it seems that if some people don't have something to complain about or nit pick then they just aren't happy.

They dig and scrounge around for the silliest stuff to put down.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
miracle on 34th street is a great film, i can't believe it's on the list! i've seen the santa clause but it was years ago, however, i do remember enjoying it.

black christmas, ok, never seen it, never want to. christmas is not about horror films! fred clause - as much as i wanted to like it, i didn't, i was disappointed with it. heck, my boyfriend feel asleep in the cinema whilst we were watching it! that's how good it was....

one of the WORST christmas flicks i have ever seen was this made for tv one starring john goodman as santa clause. it has some crazy scene in with the miser brothers. anyone know what it's called? it was truly awful.

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
For me, Deck the Halls was not a very good movie.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowytree For This Useful Post:
SparkleNana (10-21-2008)
Old 10-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Also to add, I like Tim Allen so I have seen most of his movies. The Santa Clause movies to me weren't bad, sometimes slow but overall pretty decent, especially the first one-my favorite.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:39 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Miracle on 34th St? 1994.. WHAT! Are they insane. It was a wonderful movie!

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 10-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Well I never see Santa and the Martians but it doesn't sound that great.

The Nativity Story is the best movie made about the reason for Christmas, the birth of Christ. But many people have blinders on so they don't see.

I love Christmas with the Kranks, it's fun, it's Christmassy and it has a message.

Miracle on 34th Street, I like the older version but there's nothing wrong with the remake.

Never seen Fred Claus so I can't comment but I'm not fond of the lead actor.

Black Christmas, I don't like the title or what it's about so I wouldn't waste my time.

Haven't seen Surviving Christmas.

As far as Time Allen and the Santa Claus movies, I liked the first one the best but the last two still are entertaining.

Deck the Halls, I haven't seen it but my daughter said it was ok but not a must see movie.