Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Ever have a post not count?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,077 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 Saying No to Black Friday
By MMC Editor
10-19-2011 07:05 AM
Last post by sprinkleshouse
07-28-2013 02:25 PM
52,905 Views  5 Posts
The Reality of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:26 PM
47,852 Views  0 Posts
How to Make Craft...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:04 PM
44,058 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,071 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
tree Ever have a post not count?

I posted in Recipes, it was number 880

Then I posted in Lights, it was number 880

I logged out and came back in and both post are still number 880
And in my profile by my name it is number 880

I wonder how many times this happens and we just don't notice it.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:55 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I've never noticed if this has happened.hmmm

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 10-24-2008, 07:01 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
I too have noticed that.

Maybe it's because we all post so fast that it takes time for it (the counter) to catch up.

Since yesterday Johnor and Track Rebel have had their awards down graded and I lost mine all together.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:06 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,048 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
....I´m still crying because of my lost silver...now I´m down to bronze...I´m not sure if I can live like that....

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
well, jeff or dominick or one of the other tech-savvier mods can probably answer this better, but my guess is that a previous thread you posted on got deleted or archived or something, and this affected your post count.
but as i said... wait for word from el jefe!

xox

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 10-24-2008, 08:04 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Deleting a thread would do it but we rarely ever have to do that. But counts have to be updated constantly by the script. And it goes in cycles. What you post RIGHT NOW might not be caught up with the script until later. Rarely do you ever see an accurate picture in "real time"....
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Ms_Speedy_Elf (10-24-2008)
Old 10-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I've noticed that too but it does seem to "catch up" at a later date...like Jeff said.

What I don't understand is why sometimes I get the "your post has to be approved by a moderator" screen. I've never posted anything inappropriate and this has only happened in the last few days.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Sunshine ,it just seems that there are certain section's the forum that message's have to be approved by the moderator's before it can be posted.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Thanks for the replies. But I didn't delete any of those two post. And I left the site and came back later and it still had both post counted as 880. But I do understand glitches happen.

I was just wondering if this has happened to others.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Ms_Speedy_Elf View Post
Since yesterday Johnor and Track Rebel have had their awards down graded and I lost mine all together.
i hadn't even noticed! thanks for pointing it out, i can't believe i didn't notice! lol!

i'm sorry yours has gone, i'm sure you'll have it back in no time.

edit: just noticed mine has been upgraded to silver, woooo hoooooooo! (it's for activity)

Despite my username, I am female!