Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Fred Claus to be released....

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:42 PM
49,691 Views  0 Posts
Winning the Gimmee Battle
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:29 PM
49,536 Views  0 Posts
The Big Red Box
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:27 PM
0 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2013
By MMC Editor
10-03-2013 11:07 AM
14,247 Views  0 Posts
Name that Carol
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:34 PM
0 Posts

Old 10-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I have not seen this movie but, it's on my Christmas list. I like Vince Vaughn and don't care about the reviews. I like Adam Sandler movies too and they never get good reviews. I think I'll like it!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 10-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,451 Times in 1,973 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
I haven't seen it either, but I'm glad it will be released two days after I complete my final essay for the fall semester. That means I can purchase and watch it without a care as exams do not start for about 10 days afterward. Also, I could care less about the reviews as well. It's a Christmas movie and that's good enough for me. I'm sure, in the end, it will make me feel warm inside and give me that special Christmas feeling.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:59 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I have to say in all honesty that this film wasn't TOO bad!!! I liked how they explained Santa's past and how he became who he is today. The film wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, I have seen worse Christmas films on the TV.
I particulary enjoyed watching the brothers relationship change throughout the film and how Fred helped his brother out when he needed it the most. The fact he put all his jeaousy aside to save Christmas was great and showed the true spirit of Christmas.
I also liked Santas village and the North Pole was fantastically developed. The cute houses with lights and snow was eye candy.
I think the film was given a modern twist with Kevin Spaceys character looking to shut down the North Pole. Christmas films need to move forward and be given fresh ideas. All in all I recommend anybody giving it a go, because you might be pleasantly surprised.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:11 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
The production design looked splendid in the trailer I saw before its release. Sorry to hear the rest of the movie didn't cut it.

Was Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium any better? That was going to be our other choice for a holiday movie last year (we ended up seeing neither).
Old 10-31-2008, 03:12 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by Wenceslaus View Post
The production design looked splendid in the trailer I saw before its release. Sorry to hear the rest of the movie didn't cut it.

Was Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium any better? That was going to be our other choice for a holiday movie last year (we ended up seeing neither).
Mr Magorium was rubbish!!! But thats my opinion.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:08 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

YellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elf
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
I have to say in all honesty that this film wasn't TOO bad!!! I liked how they explained Santa's past and how he became who he is today. The film wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, I have seen worse Christmas films on the TV.
I particulary enjoyed watching the brothers relationship change throughout the film and how Fred helped his brother out when he needed it the most. The fact he put all his jeaousy aside to save Christmas was great and showed the true spirit of Christmas.
I also liked Santas village and the North Pole was fantastically developed. The cute houses with lights and snow was eye candy.
I think the film was given a modern twist with Kevin Spaceys character looking to shut down the North Pole. Christmas films need to move forward and be given fresh ideas. All in all I recommend anybody giving it a go, because you might be pleasantly surprised.
I totally agree. I was really amazed at how well they pulled off they North Pole in the film. To me it seemed truely magical.
I'm glad you gave it a shot. I thought it was a fun movie.

YS
Old 10-31-2008, 07:11 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

YellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elf
Originally Posted by Wenceslaus View Post
I can't say just yet. It's been on either one of the HBO or Starz channels quite a bit lately. I've seen little bits and pieces of it here and there, but nothing I've seen yet made me stop and start watching. I'll probably see it, in full, soon. I'm leary of it since kelly ann's statement.

YS
Old 11-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

applebuster333 has shown a merry dispositionapplebuster333 has shown a merry dispositionapplebuster333 has shown a merry dispositionapplebuster333 has shown a merry dispositionapplebuster333 has shown a merry disposition
I loved that movie when I saw it last year. Thanks for the heads up!