Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Christmas Home > Introductions » Religion, Politics and Christmas

Introductions New here? Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Jimmy Stewart Remembers...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:53 PM
Last post by Carrie63
08-15-2013 04:23 PM
147,039 Views  8 Posts
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,285 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part II:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:43 PM
58,730 Views  0 Posts
My Christmas of 1947
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:58 PM
45,075 Views  0 Posts
A Babe at Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:25 PM
Last post by ilovesilentnight
10-28-2011 04:28 PM
46,174 Views  1 Posts

Old 09-07-2006, 07:57 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Religion, Politics and Christmas

Folks,

Just a friendly reminder: we have folks who frequent these boards who come from all walks of life and all points of view. Much like Christmas itself, our membership is made of many belief-systems and opinions.

Christmas is a diverse holiday. That is its hallmark. Please respect the rights of others to hold Christmas as they may. To some, it is a religious event. For others it is a secular celebration. Feelings run deep on all sides, so please be sensitive to it.

Also, in this political season, let's keep the politics to other boards. Christmas is what we do here. And everyone celebrates Christmas in one way or another. Let's keep it together...in peace.

Jeff
Old 09-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
thanks, boss.

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 09-07-2006, 08:59 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
I wholeheartedly agree. We can comment on our distaste for the demise of traditional Christmas nomenclature without bashing any particular group. We can exalt the Son of God without bashing those who don't. Like mommy says, "Play nice or I'll tell your father when he gets home."
Old 09-08-2006, 05:37 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
what no fight nice use bricks? Just teasing, I dont come here for politics, just christmas
Old 10-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
What's politics?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Ervserver

least we can still talk food

Old 10-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
Yea nothing controversial about food I don't think? Of course there was a time when the meaning of Christmas wasn't controversial either.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Ervserver

yea...the good ol days