Macaroon Sweet Potato Casserole
6 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
6 tablespoons plus 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup orange marmalade
6 macaroons, crumbled
What to Do
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, amaretto or extract, salt and ginger; beat until smooth.
2. Stir in the pecans and marmalade.
3. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
4. Toss macaroons with remaining butter; sprinkle over the top.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
My Christmas Friend