Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Merry Christmas Radio » New Christmas Contest!!!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Merry Christmas Radio Visit Merry Christmas Radio.comProgramming notes, requests, dedications and all other conversation related to Merry Christmas Radio -- click here to listen to our stream of year round Christmas programming. MCR is completely user driven by our forum members and is led by our notorious music fanatic, JayIsh and his growing staff of radio, music and audio merrymakers.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,096
Threads: 53,978
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, K31E

Old 11-12-2008, 06:12 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,663 Times in 562 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
New Christmas Contest!!!

Here is another contest with the prize being the new CD "Christmas Memories" by the great Irish Choral group Anuna! We'll have two winners in this contest!!!

Here is the question...What artist declined to record "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" on the first go around thinking it was a silly song that would never go anywhere giving Gene Autry the chance to record one of Christmases biggest hits first???

And for extra credit, and a random Christmas disc from the MCR vault, what retail company developed the story of Rudolph as a marketinig tool during the Christmas season of 1939???

Private message me your answers, and a winner will be drawn randomly from all of the correct answers!!!

Contest will end at midnight Sunday November 16th!~

Jay

Last edited by JayIsh; 11-12-2008 at 06:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JayIsh For This Useful Post:
bhenson (11-13-2008)

Old 11-12-2008, 12:28 PM

Last Achievements

JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
C'mon guys, this is a great prize!!! I'd not heard of this group before but I've listened to this disc several times now and I LOVE it!!! Who is next???

Jay
Old 11-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
I just submitted my answers!!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:16 PM

Last Achievements

I'm listening to the Anuna disc right now and it is really something...Soothing, music to sit in the dark with nothing but the tree lit, a fire going and your significant other by your side...Keep those entries coming...Based on the answers I've gotten so far, this may be the most difficult contest yet! And, by the way, the people whose names are drawn will recieve the bonus disc if they answer the extra credit question correctly!!! And we'll have three winners in this contest!!!

Jay
Old 11-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,624 Times in 12,681 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Sent a PM with my answers.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,243 Times in 495 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I PM'd yesterday.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
sigh. I know one of the answers but not the other...

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 11-13-2008, 08:59 AM

Last Achievements

Thr first question is the real question...the second one is just a bonus...If the person who wins gets the first one right, but not the second, they still win the prize, just not the bonus prize!

Jay
Old 11-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
Just PM'd my answer! *fingers crossed*

I LOVE these contests!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,243 Times in 495 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I didn't even see the second question as I tend to skim the text in these threads (trying to read on the sly at work...shhh).

I PM'd my answer to that second question.