Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > TV » Lighting the tree in Rockefeller Center

TV For any child of the 1960s (and later) Christmas just wouldn't be the same without television. Talk Christmas on the tube here, brought to us and constantly updated by the most comprehensive Christmas television resource online, MerryChristmasTV.net.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
"The Child Who Saw Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 09:01 AM
0 Posts
Of Greatest Worth
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:29 PM
45,162 Views  0 Posts
The Legend of The Boar
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:58 PM
53,624 Views  0 Posts
The Halifax Disaster of...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:40 PM
76,109 Views  0 Posts
Snow or No Snow?
By MMC Editor
07-03-2011 08:18 AM
Last post by trackrebel
07-18-2013 04:46 PM
53,914 Views  4 Posts

Old 11-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
I read that the tree should be delivered to Rockefeller Center this friday, Nov. 14th.

Cheers!!

ML
Old 11-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I know Harry Connick Jr. will be there, probably singing since he's got a new Christmas cd out. I don't know who else might perform though.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,221 Times in 486 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
I know Harry Connick Jr. will be there, probably singing since he's got a new Christmas cd out. I don't know who else might perform though.
yaaay! Man, I hope he goes on tour.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by GingerMel View Post
yaaay! Man, I hope he goes on tour.
He is but he's only going to select locations. I looooooove him!

A Holiday Celebration Tour 2008

DateLocationVenueFan Club SeatsTicketsNov 18Louisville, KYPalace Theatre Buy Nov 19Cincinnati, OHTaft Theatre Buy Nov 20Columbus, OHOhio Theatre Buy Nov 21Charleston, WVClay Center Buy Nov 22Cleveland, OHState Theatre Buy Nov 28New York, NYCity Center Theatre Buy Nov 29New York, NYCity Center Theatre Buy Dec 4Newark, NJNew Jersey Performing Arts Center Buy Dec 7St. Louis, MOFox Theatre Buy Dec 9Minneapolis, MNOrpheum Theatre Dec 10Chicago, ILChicago Theatre Dec 11Chicago, ILChicago Theatre Dec 12Milwaukee, WIRiverside Theater Buy Dec 14Nashville, TNRyman Auditorium Buy Dec 16Atlanta, GACobb Energy Performing Arts Centre Buy Dec 17Durham, NCDurham Performing Arts Center Buy Dec 19Boston, MAColonial Theatre Buy Dec 20Boston, MAColonial Theatre Buy Dec 21Boston, MAColonial Theatre

Old 11-15-2008, 02:33 AM

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
If you go to the Rockerfeller Center web site and hit the webcam, you can see the tree is now in place!! They have all these scaffles setup around it to decorate it for the next week or two.

I read Tony Bennett will be part of the tv special.

http://www.rockefellercenter.com/home.html

ML
Old 11-15-2008, 05:20 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by mac55 View Post
If you go to the Rockerfeller Center web site and hit the webcam, you can see the tree is now in place!! They have all these scaffles setup around it to decorate it for the next week or two.

I read Tony Bennett will be part of the tv special.

http://www.rockefellercenter.com/home.html

ML
Ok, thanks. So now we have Tony Bennett and Harry Connick Jr. makes sense since they both have new cd's out! Sounds good so far!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
Can't wait for this one
Old 11-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

BritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elf
I've never watched this before but I think I'll check it out
Old 11-15-2008, 09:45 PM

I have holiday cd's from each of them so I will definetely be checking it out.

ML

Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
Ok, thanks. So now we have Tony Bennett and Harry Connick Jr. makes sense since they both have new cd's out! Sounds good so far!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:45 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This is going to be great!