Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » Using a cookie press

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,189)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 11-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

susan423 has shown a merry dispositionsusan423 has shown a merry dispositionsusan423 has shown a merry disposition
Using a cookie press

Is there a trick to using a cookie press? I have 3 of them cause I kept thinking it was the press. Now I'm thinking it's me Last week I was using a Kitchenaid manual press. The first click wouldn't hit the cookie sheet, the second click got too much out and it turned into a round globby mess. (I wasn't using non stick) I thought maybe it was to soft so I put it in the fridge for maybe an hour. Then it got so hard it wouldn't come out A while back I used the Todd English rechargeable cookie press. I don't remember what went wrong with that one but I haven't used it since. Was just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
I just sent you a PM .
Old 11-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I have issues with cookie presses as well. I gave up using them a long time ago. I'm just very easily frustrated I guess.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Wish I could help you out. I actually have one but have never used it. Looks to complicated to me.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,318 Times in 13,286 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star I too had problems with them

Now I use an icing decorating bag and icing tips to make different shapes. It works great for me, but then I use them all the time on my cakes. It would take a bit of practice, but you might find it easier.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Trinityjae has shown a merry dispositionTrinityjae has shown a merry dispositionTrinityjae has shown a merry dispositionTrinityjae has shown a merry disposition
Hey there!

I too have become frustrated with the cookie press. The only one I've ever had any luck with is the cookie shooter (electric) which is from the 80's. My Mom used it every year and it made the nicest cookies! I ended up buying one on Ebay and I've had the best of luck with it so far! I won't touch any other cookie press.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
We bought a manual cookie press last year. I found that one click was usually enough for one cookie. If it were off cycle due to the end of the dough or something then I either went a click and a half or went a click and removed the dough so I'd be back on cycle.

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
Old 11-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

misjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry disposition
I had one and it did the same thing. So I threw it out, I also get mad easily. It's just easier to use a spoon or cookie cutters to me. I don't think it's you, because it would then be me also, hahaha!! Sorry I can't help you out more.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
ok, I guess I'm a little weird then.... my cookie press is wonderful when I do use it. But I can understand the frustration level if it doesn't work as well for you. Practice, practice, practice.....
Old 12-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

susan423 has shown a merry dispositionsusan423 has shown a merry dispositionsusan423 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by misjordi View Post
I had one and it did the same thing. So I threw it out, I also get mad easily. It's just easier to use a spoon or cookie cutters to me. I don't think it's you, because it would then be me also, hahaha!! Sorry I can't help you out more.
Thanks I decided it's not worth it. So many great cookies out there I shouldn't stress over my cookie press. I make great cut out cookies so I'm ok. I'm not going to throw them out but I'm not using them for a while either