Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Jimmy Stewart Remembers...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:53 PM
Last post by Carrie63
08-15-2013 04:23 PM
147,085 Views  8 Posts
Christmas Controversies
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:27 PM
50,510 Views  0 Posts
A Fat Man's Holiday
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:18 PM
44,858 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Mistletoe Bough...
By MMC Editor
10-17-2013 06:19 AM
Last post by Virginia
10-30-2013 03:04 AM
2 Posts
Time-Saving Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:57 PM
74,352 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-07-2008, 04:43 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Great pics Rod and SH. Sounds like a great evening as well Rod. Are you going to play any snow football?!
The Following User Says Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (12-07-2008)
Old 12-07-2008, 06:23 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Awesome to hear that you finally got snow Rod. We too got some snow .Like you ,it was under an inch. Not even half an inch.

I too love snow. You'd think after being born and living in Indiana for 20 year's I'd hate the white stuff ,but I don't ,I love it and I miss it ,as we don't get much here in east TN even though we are only 45 minute's from the Smokies. The last really good snow I recall was like in the early 90's . Like Tanja said we kinda live in a hole ,we get missed by the snow and the rain too the majority of the time or as I like to say we live under an invisible shield .

I think I've heard some where that if you get a little snow(under an inch) and it doesn't all melt away the first day that your gonna get more snow .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I took some pics of the frost this morning, but nothing to match your snow! http://www.flickr.com/photos/jpc101/...7610858157874/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
Head Elf (12-07-2008), rodmonster (12-07-2008)
Old 12-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,291 Times in 608 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
That

Thats it!
Same here!

Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
I agree with you Rod. I love snow! My husband on the other hand does not. I love when it snows (as long as I can get out of my driveway) it's such a cozy feeling when snow is falling and blanketing the ground. I like to curl up on the sofa with my blanket, light some candles and turn on my Christmas lights. If it's kind of a dark, dreary day out with snow moving in I'll turn on my window lights because even though it might be 2 in the afternoon I think it looks cozy to see a house lit up when it looks dark out because there's snow either on the way or it's already snowing. I say keep it coming! One year I went to NYC for a weekend and I kept hoping for snow while we were there and it never did anything. Then on the last day they were calling for snow right around the time I was due to leave. When I got home to Pittsburgh we had 17 inches and all the roads were closed! It was awesome!!
Old 12-07-2008, 01:05 PM

Last Achievements

rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
Season

Season is over already for the real stuff.
Hoping to do some pick up games though.
2 favorite types of games are in thick mud and rain... or snow coming down so hard you can see.
Both are just fantastic for football......well at least for us linemen!
=)

Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
Great pics Rod and SH. Sounds like a great evening as well Rod. Are you going to play any snow football?!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Love the frosty pictures and thanks for showing me the snow you got. Here in the upper northeast of AZ its dreary right now, but I made some shrimp chowder and that is keeping us warm. Maybe we will get some moisture tonight, who knows.

Originally Posted by whychristmas View Post
I took some pics of the frost this morning, but nothing to match your snow! http://www.flickr.com/photos/jpc101/...7610858157874/
Old 12-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I always wonder if people who like snow have to shovel it? Or do you have to go up on your roof and clean if off because it will be too heavy? Or ever step in a puddle of water left by snow on someone's boot or shoe and you do not have shoes on, just your socks?

I hate to shovel snow, I hate to clean my car off before I go anywhere. I hate to drive in the stuff. I really hate snow. I am not a happy camper when plans have to be cancelled because of snow. Today it has been bitter cold with snow falling overnight. Trapped inside because of it. Oh how I wish I could sit on my swing and feel the warm sun on me.

Now the word is out, it's official that I do not in any way shape or form like snow.

I'm dreaming of a brown Christmas because it certainly isn't green this time of the year. LOL.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:13 PM

Last Achievements

Well......

Yes - i do shovel as does my daughter (she loves it). I also get on the roof and decks as needed to get the heavy stuff off....then we use it for snowmen!
I am a cold footer - as our friends called me last night - i took the pictures of our snow barefooted in the street - i like the cold - doesn't bother my feet much - still have all my toes!

I get a kick outta cleaning my car - i love the snow - so it just reminds me of the snow and why i am happy to be away from the heat...
We bought 4 wheel drive Jeeps to drive in the snow - I have a 4 door Wrangler and the wife has a Liberty...
Both are actually FUN to drive in the snow.....

Sorry - unless i get 15 feet - and am really stuck - i tend to love it and always will!
=)

Originally Posted by joyful View Post
I always wonder if people who like snow have to shovel it? Or do you have to go up on your roof and clean if off because it will be too heavy? Or ever step in a puddle of water left by snow on someone's boot or shoe and you do not have shoes on, just your socks?

I hate to shovel snow, I hate to clean my car off before I go anywhere. I hate to drive in the stuff. I really hate snow. I am not a happy camper when plans have to be canceled because of snow. Today it has been bitter cold with snow falling overnight. Trapped inside because of it. Oh how I wish I could sit on my swing and feel the warm sun on me.

Now the word is out, it's official that I do not in any way shape or form like snow.

I'm dreaming of a brown Christmas because it certainly isn't green this time of the year. LOL.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,218 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star Alright!

nothing quite like a snow fall! Love the Santa going around and making the day more festive.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Lucky You !!!!!!