Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Four Christmases

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,744)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Why Santa Doesn't Use...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:22 PM
39,986 Views  0 Posts
Amanda
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:33 PM
46,020 Views  0 Posts
The 12 (Easy) Ways of...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:52 PM
45,094 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2001
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:56 PM
45,535 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Safety
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:51 PM
45,240 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-06-2008, 04:54 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I agree with Trevor. I might have been hoping for too much.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
I saw it last weekend. Loved it! Vince Vaughn really stole the show, as usual. His portrayal of a certain prominent nativity figure was hilarious!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:48 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Snow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry disposition
Have to say that I thought it was awful - sorry.

Average at best, although I did laugh at the nativity scene. "Forgive her, Father..."

I wouldn't reccomend it, but it's probably okay if you are going as a family with small kids.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

kcmsom76 has shown a merry dispositionkcmsom76 has shown a merry dispositionkcmsom76 has shown a merry dispositionkcmsom76 has shown a merry disposition
We saw it on Friday, and we took our kids. I so wish I hadn't made the kids go see this. Alot of scenes were inappropriate for children. My kids are 12 and 7.

Other than that, it was an okay movie. Really predictable.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

melindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elf
I saw it on Friday, it was so cute, I really liked it
Old 12-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

UnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry dispositionUnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry disposition
It was a pretty decent movie as just a movie but to me it wasn't that great of a "christmas movie". Christmas was more of a way to have all of the meetings happen to me. Could have easily have been any holiday or any major thing like a wedding. Vince Vaughn did what he always does though and he's hilarious when he gets rattling on.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
I saw it yesterday also.
I agree with most of the comments here.
Just ok.
Nothing to laugh you off your chair or anything like that.

ML
Old 12-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
There is another Christmas movie out this weekend.....may keep that one for next weekend, the 20th.

ML
Old 12-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Yep, it was a pleasant diversion. Nothing more, nothing less.

The baby scenes were the best part of the flick. I'll leave it at that.