Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,844
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 12-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Holy Cow!

I just read in the newspaper that a town 26 minute's from me experienced a 2.9 earthquake this morning.

The last earthquake that Tennessee had was back in the 1800's and was a 5 on the scale .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-18-2008, 10:21 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I hope nobody got injured!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 12-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
I hope nobody got injured!!!

Not that I'm aware of . They said that had it been any lower that it wouldn't of even been felt at all.It was reported that 30 people called saying that they felt the minor shake .NOTHING like the 5.4 earthquake that I experienced in April of this year while visiting my dad in Indiana .This was like 4:30 AM and it woke me up .

It's news yet it's not. Just rare to have an earthquake here ,but then again with the weird weather we're having I guess nothing is rare any more .

They have snow in Las Vegas for the first time in 30 year's.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/media/s.../snowday_1217/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,152 Times in 4,626 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
When I was a kid, my dad was in the military. We lived many places, including California. We had a few shakes while we were there. It really is a little disconcerting. Glad the quake in your area was small.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-18-2008, 12:58 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
When we were in the States....Seattle to be exact...there was a earthquake in our first night..I think it was around 5ish...not sure tho...there was a little damage downtown and everything....but my friend and I slept right thru it....jetlag was too much for us...

There was even a little tiny earthquake in the town I come from....this is so rare...I think it happens once in a thousand years....but if the newspaper didn´t write about it...I wouldn´t know...cos it was so soft

Old 12-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

It is rather unnerving when it's something that your not used to .

The quake that I experienced in April is the 2nd I've felt ,as there was a small one in Indiana back in the late 70's.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-18-2008, 01:12 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

I´m glad I live in an area that doesn´t have a lot of quakes...that´s something my friend and I been thinking bout all the time walking thru L.A......