Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2008

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 12-31-2008, 07:10 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

pinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elf
good morning everyone & happy new year! we are off to a quiet new year's eve... looking forward to 2009.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:40 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,903 Times in 2,853 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning, Guys, Gals and Unknowns!

Ah! Sadness mixed with excitement and anticipation.

Yes, Sparkle, this thread will lock at the end of the day today, officially marking the end of Day 50 of our glorious 2008 Christmas Season and this count thread.
.....And just as soon as I can launch it tomorrow, Countdown 2009 will begin!!

So much thanks to all who contributed to our (not so) little thread!
Wow! I thought we might not reach 5,000 posts and here we are at nearly 5,100!
(Of course, that will make breaking the record again next year just that much harder, but that much more fun to try!)

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Holiday, and everyone.
Enjoy the view from the peak of the week - our last such view in 2008!
And have a simply Fantastic New Year!! See you then!

With much love, respect and kind feelings......

- Crown

Old 12-31-2008, 09:37 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,633 Times in 555 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
I too want to say thank you to all of my friends here! It has been a wonderful year, all things considered! And, while I am somewhat concerned over the coming year's financial atmosphere, right now I will celebrate all that was, and all that shall be.

Let's toast to a Happy, Healthy, prosperous New Year with a big hug added for good measure!

Jay
Old 12-31-2008, 10:23 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Crown 84 View Post
Nice pix'es, Auntie.
Bleak but beautiful.

(Do you think O'Malley and Carl would get along?)
Indeed they would and have. Remember, when Carl was travelling he had a stop-over here and pushed his way in and O'Malley respected that. At first there was some hissing and spitting going on, but they worked it out.

And I agree that those pictures look a little bleak, not at all like the pictures in my albums.

HolidayHoney, O'Malley gets along with people better than animals, but you never know.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
HolidayHoney (12-31-2008)
Old 12-31-2008, 10:30 AM

Last Achievements

AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I watched the fireworks from Australia. Always a highlight of my Christmas Eve morning. They didn't get enough air time in my opinion.

Tonight, if the winds aren't too strong, they'll have fireworks here. They have them early so families can come out together and enjoy special events, finishing off with fireworks at 10:00 p.m. that way the children don't have to stay up too late passed their bedtime and if the adults wanted to make plans to slip out and arrange for someone to look after their children they could do so without feeling like they didn't celebrate together.

Thanks for leading us through the Countdown in 2008, Crown! I'm sure we'll reach 5,500 posts by the end of next year's count.

I'll try and swing by the Chat Room tonight around midnight.

Happy New Year's Eve!

Old 12-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,690 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
What a year it's been!! I have loved this thread so much, I'm sad to see it come to an end, but looking forward to a new, fresh thread for 2009! Hopefully 2009 will bring less tragedy (been lots of young, tragic deaths locally in 2008 & that's enough of that!) & good health for all!!!

Thanks for a great year &....

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE TO ALL!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 11:19 AM

Last Achievements

Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
.....Indeed they would and have. Remember, when Carl was travelling he had a stop-over here and pushed his way in and O'Malley respected that. At first there was some hissing and spitting going on, but they worked it out.....
Oh! That's right! I forgot.
(And Carl is not here to remind me since he is getting things ready over at the Shispering Pines for this evening.)
Old 12-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
2008 has been a great run, everybody!!!! Let's hear it for 2009 and the brightest (thanks to the plaid) shiniest (with glitter on) countdown yet!!!!

More power to your pillow, Crown!!!!!!! (Have you ever considered plaid sheets and pillowcases?? Quite the latest thing, Dahling.....!)

Old 12-31-2008, 02:50 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
.....More power to your pillow, Crown!!!!!!! (Have you ever considered plaid sheets and pillowcases?? Quite the latest thing, Dahling.....!).....
Awww, Maureen!
(Hmmm.....plaid sheets and pillowcases. Interesting idea.....)

Old 12-31-2008, 08:23 PM

Last Achievements

I think she was referring to something in more of a red and green tartan.

I'm going to pop over to the Shispering Pines for a little bubbly or eggnog or one of Carl's special blends - oh the temptations that await ...