Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » If Only In My Dreams

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Santa: To Be or Not to Be
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:30 PM
51,083 Views  0 Posts
“There Was a Boy Who...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 11:22 AM
54,229 Views  0 Posts
"A Dear Little Schemer"......
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 08:28 AM
55,941 Views  0 Posts
Others: The History of...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:23 PM
64,703 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the 1930s
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:02 PM
63,392 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
While growing up in Illinois, the family was all around and in reach. But as we got older, everyone started moving away or dying. When I moved to California, my mom moved out shortly after. Then she moved to AZ and I followed her. Right before her death, I married the love of my life (she picked him out for me). My brother lives in OK as does my father. My son lives in California with his father and little brother. But I remember going to my Godparents house on Christmas Eve to get my presents. The holidays we always had a reunion of some kind. Back then I didn't pay much attention to which aunt or uncle (great or regular) was there. I just assumed (like most children) that they would be there forever. Then we grow up and miss them. That's why I think it's important to write down the favorite traditions and hold them dear and pass them down to the next generation. I have forgotten so much, but I remember the good times that we had. I guess we each have our own favorite songs to remember family, home, friends, so on..... They might bring a tear, but they bring the memories.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I know that it's supposedly stastically impossible, but I agree with you 1000 percent!!! That's why I am trying to "rebuild" my memories so I can leave my children their delicate history. Thanks for the reminder of the importance and poinciency.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
When I was growing up, the phone always rang on Christmas morning and it would be an Uncle or some other relative calling to see if we were up and wishing us Merry Christmas.
Also when I got married and started raising my own family, the phone would ring and we would know family was thinking of us.

My parents spent every Christmas with us, spending the night Christmas Eve but now they are both deceased so we really feel their absence.

But it's most important to enjoy the family that is with you and not dwell on the deceased loved ones for they surely would not want to cause grief on such joyous time.
So we focus on who is with us and not on who isn't with us.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Im very lucky to have all of my family here in Maryland except for my one Aunt who lives in Arizona. She was home for Thanksgiving this year and is planning on moving back home hopefully before the 09 Holidays. My parents only live about 5 minutes away from me and I just have one brother who still lives with them. We are a very close family and I feel so blessed to live so close to them! My Grandparents (Dad's parents) passed away in 1993 and 1994. Although I was very young I do remember them well. My Grandfather's birthday is Christmas so it is pretty hard not getting a little choked up thinking about him on his Birthday. We always use to get a ice cream cake on Christmas Eve for his Birthday!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
Reading all of these has made me appreciate even more that most of my family is still close, and alive. My dad is 83 and my mom 79, so not sure how much longer either of them will be around. I have 1 sister and 2 brothers within just a few hours drive, and one sister who lives completely across the country. I know she misses us so much at the holidays, it's hard for her to be away. But there are always phone calls and Christmas boxes sent.