Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Valentine's Day » Any "special" plans?

Valentine's Day Love! Is it anything to talk about? We think it should be! Come discuss your plans for your sweetheart or solicit ideas from others in this forum.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
“There Was a Boy Who...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 11:22 AM
54,276 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Vacation...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:25 PM
Last post by carmenpaigee
07-16-2011 12:03 AM
67,146 Views  2 Posts
The Art of Wassail
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:19 PM
43,963 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Using Outdoor...
By JeanetteDi
09-18-2011 03:26 PM
Last post by Christmas-man
11-23-2011 07:45 AM
92,452 Views  1 Posts
My 12 Days of Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 11:27 PM
54,239 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-14-2009, 11:38 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Any "special" plans?

Just curious if anyone has special plans for Valentines this year?

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 01-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Nothing for us. We just get cards and that's it usually.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 01-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Not yet. My Hubby usually takes me out to dinner but we wont go on Valentines Day since its normally way too crowded. I might see if he will make me a romantic dinner this year
Old 01-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Actually, our church is having a Valentine's Banquet at a nice, place here in Lafayette. We may or may not attend. I just don't know yet.
We always get the kids special chocolatey treats!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 01-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

pinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elf
we are making dinner & dessert at home for v day. maybe we will go for a walk in the chicago botanic garden greenhouses

the next day we are going up to a resort to enjoy a fancy dinner, spa, skiing, etc. to celebrate our anniversary/v day.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Paul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elf
I'll be going out for dinner with family....but only because my Sister's birthday is on February 14th. How I hate looking for those Valentine birthday cards, there's only about 3 different ones & they usually aren't that great.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
I really need to plan something... think think think!

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 01-15-2009, 02:12 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,133 Times in 3,698 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We won´t do anything....haven´t done so last year...and probably won´t this....we don´t have the money....so the biggest chance is....I will cook something special...if that at all....

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 01-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Rob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elf
Some Ideas for Valentines Day

Here are some ideas I found that are for the whole family.

We leave valentines (cards, small gifts, candies, homemade coupons) in special holders on the kids' doorknobs for them to see in the morning when they wake up. Have a breakfast of heartshaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. The kids get to help Mom make and decorate a heart-shaped cake (in a heart-shaped pan)during the day. Have sandwiches for lunch cut out into heart shapes with cookie cutters. For dinner order out and eat by candlelight. Play a family-friendly variation of spin the bottle, where the person who spun the bottle had to say one thing they love about the person the bottle "landed on.

Kids put out their shoes the night before, then fill them with sweet treats in the morning. Hide little notes on valentines and red/pink construction paper around the house bearing little poems, words of love, etc. The kids have a great time finding them and they could be hidden anywhere!

Have a traditional Valentine's family date night. Everyone dresses up. Mom buys boutineers for her boys and go to a fancy restaurant and celebrate the love you share as a family.

Do a scavenger hunt around the house with a giant Hershey's Kiss at the end. send each person on their own hunt. They have to track down several clues before they get to their prize. Generally write the clue, plus have a clip art picture to help them solve the clue. ( pictures are especially helpful when they dont know how to read yet.)

My Christmas Friend

Last edited by Rob; 01-17-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,315 Times in 12,650 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star Nice ideas!

Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Here are some ideas I found that are for the whole family.

We leave valentines (cards, small gifts, candies, homemade coupons) in special holders on the kids' doorknobs for them to see in the morning when they wake up. Have a breakfast of heartshaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. The kids get to help Mom make and decorate a heart-shaped cake (in a heart-shaped pan)during the day. Have sandwiches for lunch cut out into heart shapes with cookie cutters. For dinner order out and eat by candlelight. Play a family-friendly variation of spin the bottle, where the person who spun the bottle had to say one thing they love about the person the bottle "landed on.

Kids put out their shoes the night before, then fill them with sweet treats in the morning. Hide little notes on valentines and red/pink construction paper around the house bearing little poems, words of love, etc. The kids have a great time finding them and they could be hidden anywhere!

Have a traditional Valentine's family date night. Everyone dresses up. Mom buys boutineers for her boys and go to a fancy restaurant and celebrate the love you share as a family.

Do a scavenger hunt around the house with a giant Hershey's Kiss at the end. send each person on their own hunt. They have to track down several clues before they get to their prize. Generally write the clue, plus have a clip art picture to help them solve the clue. ( pictures are especially helpful when they dont know how to read yet.)
I like to hand out valentines to everyone I know. I decorate my bus and give the kids a treat bag too. For my family we will have some special treats and exchange cards. I love those heart shaped candies with the sayings on them and we always have a bowl full on the table.