Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,229
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 02-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,088 Times in 13,426 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
Ok, this may be easy for some of you but, I can't remember a thing from high school algebra and I'm hoping someone can help. I need to figure this out with a simple explaination that makes it easy for me to understand. Here's the problem:

2(z + 3) = 5 - z

Thank you in advance for your help!
I had to write an aptitude test at the college to see if I needed to take a math course or if I could just write the test. I had as much success as you, and so will have to take the class! never was very good at math, I figured that is why calculators were invented!
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (02-01-2009)

Old 02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I never could understand why they had to include letters into math equations..... Just tell me what you want and then I'll use a ream of paper and a lot of erasers and lead and still not come up with any answer that comes remotely close. Good luck to you and the Algebra.... if you need help in English I'm here to help.....
Old 02-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Thanks! I'm good on english because I already took those classes years ago and the credits transferred! Thank goodness!!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 02-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Wow, you guys are good ! I sure can't remember how to do it.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Yeah, they are good! I can't remember how to do it and I'm learning it now! I just had my first test and I think I did ok but, I know that I missed some. But he said he gives partial credit if the problem is wrong but, you got some of the steps right so that might save me! I know that the beginning of the test I did ok and then in the middle with the fractions and inequalities I was a little shaky and then the thing that I am the worst at I think I got right...word problems! It was 20 questions worth 5 points each. Hopefully I'll do ok on it. I get the results of my biology test and my homework assignments tomorrow. I'm a little worried about those ones. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed! I need all the luck I can get! Thank you to everyone who has and continues to help me. Denise

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story