Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Going back to college!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,039)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 02-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Ok, I just had my 2nd test in algebra on Fri. and I'm not sure how I did. I have a complaint though and I must vent. I am in a class of 14 but, since day 1 we have never had a full class. Not even on test days! Everyday class starts at 7:50 am and everyday there are only 4 of us that show up on time (me included of course!) Then around 8:00 the door opens up and a kid comes in with his keys hanging off of his pants and they clink and clink together disturbing the class. When he walks past me I always call him Schneider (from One Day at a Time) in my head. Hee,hee!! Then a couple of minutes later another kid comes in, then another. There is one kid who failed the last test who shows up late everyday but, he's been coming in at 8:30! This is only an hour long class!!! So the teacher usually lets us go at 8:45 so this kid only gets 15 minutes of class time. Anyway, we were supposed to have our test on Thurs. but, the teacher asked if we wanted to do it on Fri. instead and this kid was the 1st person to speak up and say YES! So, the test was postponed until Fri. But, the teacher said that we would do a review on Thurs. so if you didn't feel that you needed the review then you could just stay home. But, he said that those who wanted the test on Fri. had better be there! So, you'd think that this kid who failed the last test would show up, right? No! He didn't. I did and I was the 1st person there and 3 others came in late. So, on test day, Friday, I'm there early as usual and I get the instructions from my teacher who informed us that there was a typo on problem #8 and he told us what it should be and wrote it on the board. Ok, fine, everything's ok so far. I start my test, a little confused as I usually am when doing these problems. I'm trying to concentrate and the door opens and it's one of the regular late comers. So, the teacher has to explain about the change to #8 again, which ticks me off because here I am trying to concentrate and he's talking and he's saying numbers out loud. It's like trying to count and someone counts out of order to mess you up! So, this kept up for about 4 more kids entering the classroom. Then the kid who failed the test shows up at 8:20 with his iPod on and turned up so loud that I can hear the music. He doesn't take it out of his ears and he doesn't turn it down when he's getting the instructions about the change to #8 on the test from the teacher. So, you know how if you are listening to headphones and can't hear yourself talk you tend to talk loud yourself? Well, this kid was talking so loud it was bordering on yelling! I was so mad that he did that. Here I am, I show up early everyday, I came on the review day even though I didn't really have to and I'm the only person who has perfect attendance and I'm having to deal with this ignorant person disrupting not only me but, the entire class with his lack of respect. I'm considering emailing my teacher about this and suggesting that he address the class and make a policy that on test day if you are not there at the start of the test that you can't enter the class and take it. It's not so bad of a distraction on regular class day but, when the class is quiet and you're trying to concentrate on a test that you are getting graded on it's a huge distraction. What would you do in this situation? I don't want the teacher to be offended that I would make such a suggestion but, I feel that I'm paying for this class and I need to pass it with a C to move on so if this is something that is possibly going to prevent me from doing that then it needs to be addressed. Thanks for listening, I know it's long!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story

Old 02-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Oh, also I had a Biology quiz today and I got an 87% on it and I got a 95% on my lab homework! Whoo Hoo!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
You're right, these students need a lesson in classroom etiquette. And the teacher has to be the one to give it. He should have written the correction to the problem on the board, explained it verbally once, and then let the latecomers read the board for themselves.

Whether latecomers should be excluded from taking the exam, I'm not sure about. There are often legitimate reasons why a person is late, although on exam day students should be taking extra care to be on time.

No cell phone or personal stereo use in the classroom, period!
Old 02-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Yes! I'm not saying that they can't take the test I'm just saying that they shouldn't be allowed to enter after it starts. They should have to make it up later that day with a different test than what we took. Also, at the beginning of the semester the teacher handed out and went over class policies and one of them that he covered was one that he added himself, no cell phones or MP3 players allowed in class. He broke his own rule. Instead of trying to talk to him while it was playing he should have told him to take it off and turn it off. Also, if someone is late to class and has a legitimate excuse that's one thing but, it's the same ones every day! There is no excuse, they are just lazy. The lateness to class doesn't bother me as much as it does during a test.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
Congrats on the grades!
(and that Professor needs to take control of the class)
Old 02-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Yes, thank you! You know how much I struggle with this algebra stuff at times so you can just imagine how frustrating it is for me.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Ok, so even with all of the distractions that were going on during class I still got a 94%!!!!!!! I did better this test than I did on my 1st test. I'm so relieved and happy that I did well on the test. I can't believe it. Thank you to all who have helped me understand my algebra! It must be working.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
94%!!!!!! Whoooo!! I'm gonna start asking you for help!! That is a good grade!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:59 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,618 Times in 7,653 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I just read about all the distractions you had during the test - I cannot believe that prof. let those kids do that. Inexcusable!! And, again, GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (02-24-2009)