Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » What have we got to look forward to for Christmas 2009?

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Real or Artificial?
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:49 PM
45,667 Views  0 Posts
Just Like Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:34 PM
0 Posts
Presentblue Black Friday 2012: The...
By Jeff Westover
11-23-2012 05:13 PM
48,630 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Mexico
By MMc Editor
06-02-2002 09:17 PM
43,286 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:16 PM
41,604 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Yep, we've got a new cgi version of A Christmas Carol. It is made in the same manner as the Polar Express and Beowulf using motion capture technology. It will also be shown in 3d in select theatres. Jim Carrey plays Scrooge and the ghosts.

As of right now, I don't see any other Christmas themed flicks due for release in November or December (according to current release list on boxofficemojo.com).

That's kind of disappointing.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,680 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by SparkleNana View Post
OK - Looking forward to Christmas 2009!!!!

What happens during Christmas 2009 will be partly determined by what WE do during the preceding countdown to the Season and The Day in 2009!

How we take care of our money. How we pay our bills and save money for the 2009 Christmas season. How we prepare by buying gifts year-round. By taking care of our homes & lives & families & friends all year. That is why Christmas lasts all year for me. I think about Christmas as "love" and I try to live with love all year.
Great goals for all of us!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Location: Mersea Island, UK - Moving to Vancouver, Canada 2012
singingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elf
Originally Posted by SparkleNana View Post
OK - Looking forward to Christmas 2009!!!!

What happens during Christmas 2009 will be partly determined by what WE do during the preceding countdown to the Season and The Day in 2009!

How we take care of our money. How we pay our bills and save money for the 2009 Christmas season. How we prepare by buying gifts year-round. By taking care of our homes & lives & families & friends all year. That is why Christmas lasts all year for me. I think about Christmas as "love" and I try to live with love all year.
Lovely sentiments SparkleNana! True Christmas spirit.

The Following User Says Thank You to singingringingtree For This Useful Post:
Shiny Brite (01-10-2009)
Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

YellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elf
I was looking around to see if there were any new 2009 Christmas movie announcements and ran across one called "Once Upon A Christmas Dream". I don't really recognize many of the cast members, but at least it sounds like it will be a little different from the normal Christmas releases. Here's a link if you're interested.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1158754/

YS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YellowSnow For This Useful Post:
HolidayHoney (03-16-2009), JOHNOR (02-06-2009)
Old 03-16-2009, 05:16 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
12 Fl OZ (2009). Drama. Ayn Rand once said, “In order to live, man must act; in order to act, he must make choices; in order to make choices, he must define a code of values; in order to define a code of values, he must know what he is and where he is.” December 24th, two years after the death of their first born, the Manning family gathers for the Holidays. Unbeknownst to them, a stranger lurks in their midst waiting to make his move. This was filmed in 2006, but has yet to be released. Official site.

Silent Night, Zombie Night (2009). Horror. Zombie plague hits Los Angeles during Christmastime. Direct to video.

Carried Away (2009). Ed Franklin, a young man pursuing his dreams in Hollywood, returns home to Fort Worth, Texas at Christmas time to find his family in turmoil. His parents' marriage is crumbling and his relationship with his two brothers is rocky at best. The discovery that his beloved Granny has been placed in a nursing home after a stroke left her mentally disabled pushes Ed over the edge. He decides to come to his unhappy Granny's rescue, abducting her from the home against his family's orders. Ed's father Rex and brothers, Steve and Davy, set out after Ed and Granny, and a cross-country pursuit begins.

Christmas in Compton (2009). Big Earl, the owner of a Christmas tree lot in Compton, Los Angeles, and a man with a big heart and a big vision, demands success from everyone around him. All kinds of trouble erupts the week before Christmas when his son, Derrick, part-time music producer and part-time Christmas tree lot employee, crosses the line to prove to Big Earl that he is a success.

Clarkworld (2009). Documentary about the late Bob Clark, director of A Christmas Story.

CMT Christmas in Whistler (2009). TV variety special by the country music channel, made in Whistler, British Columbia.

Detached (2009). Drama. A contemporary Scrooge tale set in the Hollywood Hills that follows Chadh Campbell, an unscrupulous mortgage broker, as he receives a stream of anonymous holiday greetings during Christmas Eve and Day. As Chadh searches for the perpetrator of this "festive" assault he must face the unfavorable reality of just how many people he's harmed during his life, forcing him to confront how emotionally detached from those around him he's become.

The Dog Who Saved Christmas (2009). Comedy. Official site.

Halo Boy (2009). Fifteen year old Eddie's mother falls very ill after a serious car accident. Eddie and his brother Stewart end up having to take care of themselves and one night when they have ran out of food and electricity, Eddie dreams that his mother asks him to find an angel's halo so that she can be saved. Will Eddie be able to save his mother in time for Christmas?

House Husbands (2009). Five guys meet once a week, with their kids, to bemoan the fact that being a 'stay at home father' whilst their wives go out to work isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's Christmas — frustrated, lost and confused, this culturally mixed bunch of middle-aged man decide to redress the balance of the sexes and go on a testosterone fueled adventure, kids in tow, behind their wives' backs. That was their first mistake.

Make the Yuletide Gay (2009). Comedy. Olaf "Gunn" Gunnunderson, an out-and-proud gay college student, crawls back into the closet to survive the holidays with his family. He keeps his cool as his quirky Midwestern-hearted parents try to set him up with his high school sweetheart, Abby. But when his boyfriend, Nathan, shows up at their doorstep unannounced, Gunn must put on a charade to keep the relationship a secret. With pressure mounting from all sides, will Gunn come out before the truth does?

Nicholas of Myra (2009). Story of the gift-giving Byzantine bishop St. Nicholas.

Operation: Married by Christmas (2009) Made for TV movie. From the novel by Debra Clopton.

Silent Night in Algona (2009). Drama. The story of the German POW camp in Algona, Iowa, during World War II. Local fear turns to friendship as the community is drawn together at Christmas time via a unique gift that will stand as a symbol of peace for many generations to come.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
HolidayHoney (03-16-2009), JOHNOR (03-16-2009), jolly elf (03-17-2009), sugarplum fairy (05-09-2009), YellowSnow (03-16-2009)