Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Nativity Part II:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:43 PM
58,780 Views  0 Posts
Homemade for the Holidays
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:31 PM
48,100 Views  0 Posts
Counter Point: Why There...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:38 PM
43,478 Views  0 Posts
The Best of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:51 PM
Last post by Minta
04-01-2014 10:33 AM
47,790 Views  3 Posts
Bells The Magi
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:56 PM
Last post by MartinGibbs
12-07-2012 03:01 PM
70,129 Views  1 Posts

Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,388 Times in 4,398 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas Light Show

I am looking for a device that will allow me to play music through an ipod and attach Christmas lights to it. It would light up the lights to the beat of the music. I had one that had preprogrammed music last year and you could plug an ipod into it, but it kept blowing fuses....anyways...help would be appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)
Old 04-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

santashelperkobrin has shown a merry disposition
light

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
I am looking for a device that will allow me to play music through an ipod and attach Christmas lights to it. It would light up the lights to the beat of the music. I had one that had preprogrammed music last year and you could plug an ipod into it, but it kept blowing fuses....anyways...help would be appreciated.

Maybe try E-bay, I find you can get ANYTHING on there.

Ruth
The Following User Says Thank You to santashelperkobrin For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)
Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I would suggest asking Scot Meyers (a member here on MMC) I am sure he could help ya out. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,388 Times in 4,398 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
thanks alot guys....i had something this year but i kept blowing fuses....guess I had too many lights plugged into it....not Christmas Vacation too many, but still too many for the device that I had...appreciate the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)
Old 05-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Scot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry dispositionScot Meyers has shown a merry disposition
BallCoach
You need devices that will allow you to create your own light sequences and allow you to create sequences to music. To do this you will need to create music in MP3 format and then upload tem into software that will allow you to create sequences to your music.

Now I will be honest this is easy but it is very time consuming....

1st off there are many computer controlled lighting products out there....

Animated Lighting www.animatedlighting.com
Light o rama www.lightorama.com
dlight www.delight.com

these are just a few.

I use Light O Rama products. I get my musc from my cd collection and i convert them in MP3 format. I then uplad them to a FREEWARE program called AUDACITY then i cut the music down unless you want to use the entire song.

I then upload my song into my LOR sequence editor. and then program the lights to the music.

I then upload them to an sd card and plug the card into my MP# showbaord that controlls the entire display. I then plug in my short range tranmitter into my show board and WALLA!! the show runs the music plays and the lights flash to the music.

Now its not a cheap investment. each computer board cotrolls 16 channels (16 light strands) they run 249.00 each. the MP3 showcontroller runs 199.00 its pretty pricey but its a good investmet in the WOW factor if your gonna do this every year.

I caution you ... once you go down this road forever will it consume you. because your viewers will want to se a new show every year.

If you have questions you can email me @holidaygeek@msn.com or pm me

Scot
The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Meyers For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)