Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Looking for free web sites

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,865
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 04-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Looking for free web sites

I have three websites at Geocities and I was just notified yesterday that they are closing Geocities. They want people to use Yahoo and pay each month.

I have a Christmas website, a genealogy website with a lot of my research downloaded and it has been alot of hard work, and I have our ministry website with Geocities. I love using Geocities Page Builder, it's so easy and gives me many options. So I'm looking for free sites that offer and easy page maker with options.

Any ideas? I have checked out Bravenet but really don't like the set up.

Thanks!

Old 04-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,001 Times in 1,079 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
! They are closing geocities. Thats not good. I have a website up there. Hasnt been updated since 93. lol. I dont know of any free ones but Ill keep my eye out! If anyone wants a laugh they can check out my old webpage at http://www.geocities.com/ucake.geo
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
joyful (05-02-2009)
Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
There's: http://sites.google.com/ which is really nice and easy to use and I've heard good things about: http://www.weebly.com/ but haven't use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
joyful (05-02-2009)
Old 05-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Now I would never laugh at your old web site, I'm sure it is quite nice.
Yes, they are vague about when they will close the sites. They said the end of the year but then I read where it could be the end of the summer. So that doesn't give people much time to find other places and transfer all their info.

WhyChristmas, thanks for the urls. I will check them out. I really appreciate the tips.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:35 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elf
microsoft do great free web builders.

j
Old 05-04-2009, 04:46 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,330 Times in 13,288 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Originally Posted by Undrtakr View Post
If anyone wants a laugh they can check out my old webpage at http://www.geocities.com/ucake.geo
Old 05-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

I did register with Google; Bravenet and Weeby but none of them have the simplicity of geocities Page Builder. And most of them you have you use their background templates and I like to add my own.
So I'm still searching. If you want to check out my Christmas web site before it's all gone here is the link

http://www.geocities.com/john17faith/ Some may find my Do You Remeber page interesting. Also the Hometown Memories page.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:49 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,643 Times in 7,657 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thank you for the link, joyful.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

You are most welcome Meceka. I hope you enjoy your visit to my site.

I surely hate to see my sites (I have two, the Christmas site then one for my genealogy), get destroyed for I truly worked hard on both of them and I know my genealogy site has been a blessing to those searching for their roots. I also got positive feedback about my Christmas site helping people to relax and enjoy the Christmas joy season.