Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » "Healthier" Eggnog (& other holiday drink/cocktail) Recipes

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,126
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, MetalBlessing

Old 05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,805 Times in 4,069 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
"Healthier" Eggnog (& other holiday drink/cocktail) Recipes

These are from hungry-girl.com

Heavenly Nog

It's BAAA-AACK! We couldn't resist serving up our insanely great eggnog recipe now that the holidays are here again. True, there are a few good packaged nogs out there. First there was Silk Nog -- great stuff with less than half the calories of regular eggnog. Then along came Vitasoy with Holly Nog -- another delicious, guilt-free version. And while we love those, Hungry Girl's super-easy, make-at-home version has just 88 calories per 8-oz. serving!!! And it is super-thick & creamy and tastes as good as the real thing (trust us -- we've now tested it out on 213 people!). So dust off that blender of yours and go NOG WILD!

Ingredients:
5 cups 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soymilk (or another light vanilla soymilk**)
1 small (4-serving) package Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pudding mix, Vanilla
6 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda)
1 tsp. rum extract or imitation rum extract
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

Directions:
In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend on high until mixed thoroughly. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow it to thicken. Makes five 1-cup servings!

HG Alternative! For some "over 21" eggnog, add 5 ounces of rum to the recipe. With 153 calories and a POINTS® value of 3* per serving, that's WAY better than an ordinary eggnog cocktail!

Serving Size: 1 cup (1/5th of recipe)
Calories: 88
Fat: 2g
Sodium: 350mg
Carbs: 11g
Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 5g
Protein: 6g

POINTS® value 2*

Pumpkin-licious Nog
There are just two short days 'til Christmas, people, so NOG IT UP! Our Pumpkin-licious Nog is creamy, delicious, and (duh) guilt-free. Even if you don't like eggnog, chances are you'll LOVE this stuff. And if you want to make an alcoholic version of this drink, nix the rum extract and add 5 oz. rum to the recipe. Each serving of the spiked stuff has 174 calories and a POINTS® value of 3*. Break out that blender!

Ingredients:
5 cups light vanilla soymilk
One small (4-serving) package sugar-free fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
6 no-calorie sweetener packets (we highly recommend Splenda)
2/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 tsp. rum extract
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Optional Topping: additional cinnamon

Directions:
In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend on high until mixed thoroughly. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow it to thicken. If you like, top each glass off with a sprinkling of cinnamon. Enjoy!

MAKES 5 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 110
Fat: 2g
Sodium: 344mg
Carbs: 16g
Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 6.5g
Protein: 6g

POINTS® value 2*

Spiked Almond Joy Hot Cocoa

PER SERVING (entire drink): 124 calories, 0g fat, 160mg sodium, 12g carbs, 1g fiber, 10g sugars, 2g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

We felt it was time for our delicious Mounds Bar Martini to have a hot new friend, so we mixed up this tasty coconut cocoa to help fight those dropping temperatures. Hope you like our new “mug-tail”.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz. (3 tbsp.) coconut rum
1 packet Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets Diet Hot Cocoa Mix
1 drop almond extract
Optional: Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
In your favorite mug, prepare cocoa with 3/4 cup hot water according to package instructions. Add the rum and almond extract. (Remember, just one DROP of extract!) Stir and, if you like, top with a generous squirt of Reddi-wip. Enjoy, preferably wrapped in a blanket by a roaring fire.

MAKES 1 SERVING

Winter Wonderland Peppermintini

PER SERVING (entire drink): 125 calories, 1.5g fat, 10mg sodium, 3g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g sugars, 0g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

This drink is chilly and white... just like snow (but it tastes much better). Weeeeeee!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz. (3 tbsp.) 80-proof vodka
2 tsp. Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer
1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda)
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
Optional Garnish: 1 small candy cane

Directions:
Place powdered creamer and sweetener in a glass. Add 1/4 cup warm water and stir to dissolve.

Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes. Add creamer mixture, vodka, and peppermint extract. Cover and shake well, until mixture is cold.

Strain into a martini glass. If you like, garnish with a candy cane leaning jauntily on the rim.

MAKES 1 SERVING

More cocktails:
http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/week....php?isid=1602

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
made582 (05-14-2009), minkles (06-16-2009)

Old 05-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
They sound delicious. You know I have never tried "egg nog"... no one in my family liked it growing up and I think it has scared me lol but those recipes look easy and sound so yummy. I will have to try it sometime this holiday season. Thanks for sharing

Old 05-14-2009, 11:25 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 164,024 Times in 31,303 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The pumpkin one sounds so good that I might not be able to wait till the holidays to try it out. Well i guess you should always try your recipies out before having people over any way. Thanks for the great recipies.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,805 Times in 4,069 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I was thinking the same thing about the pumpkin nog! I might have to try that soon - maybe for Rudolph Day??? I think it's a very good idea to try a recipe before the holidays...you wouldn't want to serve a mediocre nog at Christmas time!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

minkles has shown a merry disposition
These sounds great. I've never made my own egg nog, but this sounds easy and delicious - and won't make you gain 10 pounds just by looking at it