Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Customs of Christmas radio piece

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,125
Threads: 54,222
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, AMcLoud

Old 07-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
Customs of Christmas radio piece

When I was growing up there was a radio station in Albany, NY, that had a Christmas show starting at 6:00 pm Christmas Eve lasting until midnight Christmas day called The 30 Hours Of Christmas. During those 30 hours they played what I'm calling a filler piece, for lack of a better term, called the Customs Of Christmas. It consisted of several pieces, each about 3 minutes long, each explaining the origin of one of the customs of Christmas. One piece was on Santa Claus, another on the poinsettia, and so one. It seems, if my memory is correct, that the last line of each piece was "and that's just one of our Customs of Christmas." Does anyone else remember hearing these pieces? Better yet does anyone have a copy of them. I'd love to obtain a copy myself.

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdkluger For This Useful Post:
snowytree (08-09-2012), Undrtakr (07-03-2009)

Old 07-03-2009, 09:38 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
I'm working on it!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,044 Times in 1,086 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
That sounds like something I would LOVE to hear!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:08 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Munch on these until we can locate the one in question: http://www.cheezepleeze.com/spiritxmas.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
sdkluger (07-03-2009), snowytree (08-09-2012)
Old 07-03-2009, 07:01 PM

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Munch on these until we can locate the one in question: http://www.cheezepleeze.com/spiritxmas.html
This isn't the one I was referring to, but I like it. I downloaded it to listen to later. Can we expect to hear these on Merry Christmas Radio?

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
Old 07-03-2009, 07:53 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Lorene Geene's 'Spirit of Christmas' series is a regular feature on the 'Mistletoe Mix' on MCR with thanks to Snarfdude and Daffodil! Check my blog here on MMC for past playlists.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:51 PM

Last Achievements

I found a link to the company that provides these radio spots, cmc-nw.com/holidays.html. You can download a sample of the spot plus a few others here. Someday I hope to find the whole set of the Customs of Christmas to add to my collection.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:49 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Do you remember what radio station in Albany? In what year(s) did you heard the 30 Hours of Christmas/Customs of Christmas?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:40 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Do you remember what radio station in Albany? In what year(s) did you heard the 30 Hours of Christmas/Customs of Christmas?
It was WROW 590 AM. I believe I heard it during the mid to late 1970s.