Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Is it the Day or the Season?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,856
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,225)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 06-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Maebeary View Post
I just love the good ole Christmas tree!
This one's for you, Maebeary.

Photo by Trey Ratcliff

Bloomingdale's in Chicago, 2008
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
Chillywilly (07-01-2009), Maebeary (06-30-2009)

Old 06-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

minkles has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Snowman1971 View Post
I love the whole season, actually the entire late summer and fall leading up to it.
As soon as my kids get back to school I get out all my planning materials and I plan what needs to be done week by week until Christmas Day. I love it and it helps keep me organized during the whole season so I can enjoy it. There's nothing better than going to the mall to get an eggnog latte and look at the Christmas decorations up anywhere but not have to worry about buying because you're already done!
Old 06-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

snowberry has disabled reputation
All of it. On July 25 (and 26th this year, yay.) I darken the house, light candles and watch QVC's Christmas in July. Sometimes I even get my animated Santa and Victorian lady out. Then I have to come down to earth because August is a hot boring month for me. But as soon as September hits, I'm back in the Christmas season. I love candles, christmas trees, Silver Dollar City, baking banana, cranberry bread. Drinking spiced tea and snowberry tea and hot chocolate. Sitting on the patio in front of the beautiful log fire in my chimenea, listening to Christmas music. And Christmas movies. I have to start early to get them all watched. And of course, sending and getting Christmas cards for and from the MMC gang.
My daugter in Louisiana sends Thanksgiving cards. I love them. She's the only person I know who does that.

I love this thread.

snowberry (who thanks Jesus once more for this forum and all the great Christmas loving folks)
Old 06-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

snowberry has disabled reputation
I love everything from late August on!

Did any of you ever think you were the only person in the world who felt this way? I remember back when my kids were young, I would count summer camp in July as counting down to the Christmas season. I'd get this tickly feeling of joy inside. Because after camp it was no time until school started and once school started it was one holiday after another. To me it was always Christmas. But I never told anyone back then. Isn't it great to have a place to share these feeling without someone giving you an odd look or laughing?

snowberry (who thanks Jesus we can be unique)

Old 06-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,063 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Definatly the season. One day would be far too short

I love the whole Winter season
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irishsnow For This Useful Post:
Maebeary (06-30-2009), snowberry (07-01-2009)
Old 06-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Wow! That's some tree, Wenceclaus!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

Willy Nilly has shown a merry disposition
The season

I'd say the season for sure. Chicago does Christmas right. We have a station that plays X-mass music for about 5 weeks. Christmas is just plain magical.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
Welcome Willy Nilly, Our names are simular mine is ChillyWilly. Welcome
Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,781 Times in 1,184 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I definately enjoy the season, I am kinda like my wife (christmas-a-holic), the actual day is kind of a let down. But to be honest, before I met her, my excitement for Christmas wasn't there at all. But her excitement for it rubbed off on me. I am still not into it as much as she is, but I love to watch her, she is like a little girl, and that's all I need, that's why I don't mind doing all the stuff she wants to do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (07-08-2009), Wenceslaus (07-08-2009)
Old 07-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,641 Times in 584 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
I definately enjoy the season, I am kinda like my wife (christmas-a-holic), the actual day is kind of a let down. But to be honest, before I met her, my excitement for Christmas wasn't there at all. But her excitement for it rubbed off on me. I am still not into it as much as she is, but I love to watch her, she is like a little girl, and that's all I need, that's why I don't mind doing all the stuff she wants to do.
You are a good man, Snow-in-Texas!
The Following User Says Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Snow-in-Texas (07-09-2009)