Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food » Anyone have traditional family christmas meals to share?

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Somewhere in France
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:14 PM
50,322 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Gifts,...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:50 PM
44,028 Views  0 Posts
Little Girl's Christmas:...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:55 PM
53,891 Views  0 Posts
The Nutcracker
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:34 PM
50,174 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:41 PM
48,530 Views  0 Posts

Old 06-12-2009, 09:07 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,283 Times in 26,545 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas eve we always have pizza. Christmas dinner is Ham, Mashed potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Green bean casserole, Baked Corn, Cole slaw, Macoranoi salad, Fruit salad, and Rolls. Those are the dishes we have every year and then we usually throw a new dish in there every year. We make cookies and I make candies to snack on through out the day. We usually have a pumpkin pie and leftover birthday cake from my moms birthday on the 22nd for dessert. Christmas breakfast is usually store bought cinnamon rolls but this year I am going to make homemade if I can find a recipe I like.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,678 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Sounds Delish!

Yummers!
Going to Minta's for Christmas Eve breakfast!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

tsteffes has shown a merry disposition
On Christmas Eve we always do our favorite appetizers. Last year we did shrimp cocktail, quesadillas, homemade hummus, bruschetta, and chocolate fondue.

For Christmas morning breakfast we usually have homemade biscuits and gravy, an egg casserole and chocolate chip pankcakes. Lunch is always light, sandwiches and salads.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:05 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by momnan30 View Post
Yummers!
Going to Minta's for Christmas Eve breakfast!
Come on over. The door will be open and there will be plenty of food!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Sanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elf
For me in the UK the meal is turkey, potatoes,parsnips, and Christmas pudding.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,487 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Our menu changes each year. It is usually appetizers and desserts.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Old 06-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
We like to shuck oysters on Christmas eve and day....
Old 07-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
We have our big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. We started doing that a number of years ago because we decided we didn't want to spend so much time preparing/cleaninup up a big feast on Christmas Day. Now we do our *feast* on Christmas Eve and eat leftovers on CHristmas Day.

Our Christmas Eve meal is ham, heavenly potatoes, frozen strawberry salad, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, etc. Yummy! For desert we do chocolate fondu as part of our evening traditions. We dip bananas, strawberries, oranges, pretzels, marshmallows, etc.