Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Movies you like that others might not be into?

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Ryan's Prayer
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:44 PM
54,502 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Spider
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:55 PM
47,696 Views  0 Posts
Stan Freberg's Green...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:54 PM
0 Posts
Christmas During the...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:32 PM
Last post by Isabella Euwins
08-03-2011 09:03 AM
62,931 Views  1 Posts
The Muppet Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:09 PM
49,667 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Laney View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Adventures in Babysitting! I grew up watching that movie and thought it was the best! I can't believe that there are people out there that don't like that movie!?!?!

And I also loved the Blair Witch Project! The innovation of it was awesome. It is the same concept as a book being scarier than a movie - your imagination will always create a scarier image than a picture that is painted for you. What made it scary was that you never saw the witch and could only imagine what was next...

As for me, I personally loved Moulin Rouge and everyone else I know hated it.

You are not alone on Adventures in Babysitting, I always liked that movie too. I don't know about love love love it, but definately one of my favorites.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,468 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
I love the movie "The Bird Cage" but I know alot of people who hate it.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:24 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
“The Loved One” is a dark comedy from 1965 billed as containing something to offend everyone. It’s one of my favorites of all time. In fact, it’s somewhat of a family favorite. Most anyone else I know doesn’t get it if they’ve heard of it at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Loved_One_(film)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaGtD...eature=related

“Cold Comfort Farm” from 1995 is another quirky movie that the family all seems to like that isn’t everyone’s cup of tea (pun intended, it’s an English movie).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112701/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRvmj...eature=related

I’ll spare you in trying to explain either of them defaulting to the youtube clips above.

A couple of quotes I use that leaves folks scratching their heads are:

“I’m saving up for Mom’s big tub.” – Mr. Joyboy (‘The Loved One’)

“I saw something nasty in the woodshed!” – Aunt Ada (“Cold Comfort Farm)

Both movies were adapted from books.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I really like the movie "Cannery Row" with Debra Winger/Nick Nolte, LOL, I'm hoping to get it on dvd.

It seems if a movie gets bad reviews, I like the movie, ummmm.

The most recent movie that got bad reviews and I really liked is "Australia" with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. I bought the dvd without seeing it first and I'm so glad I did, I only wish I seen it on a big movie theater screen for it's a beautiful movie and not offensive. *that's probably why it didn't get good reviews, not enough of bad language and sex in it*. Plus, it had World War II history in the storyline which I'm sure many didn't care to see but I learned something I didn't know.

Another movie with Nicole Kidman that many didn't like is the one she made with her ex Tom Cruise, Far Far Away (or is it Far Away?) Anyway I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise but I love the storyline of this movie (I'm a history buff) expecially when it comes to the Irish immigrants.

I'm sure there are more but can't think of them now, maybe later.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,062 Times in 274 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
The most recent movie that got bad reviews and I really liked is "Australia" with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman
I really enjoyed that one too, although I did think it seemed a little too long. But it was really interesting and I would see it again!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Laney, I felt it was a movie (Australia) made like Hollywood use to make movies and if I was Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman, I would be very proud of the movie.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,678 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
I'm going to go the opposite of what this post is about. The movie that most people like that I just don't get and I hate it is It's a Wonderful Life! I can't stand it.
As for movies that I like that others might not I'd say Happy Gilmore or Dumb and Dumber. Pee Wee's Big Adventure is another one and I used to like the movie Oscar with Sly Stallone.
For my friend, Santa's Helper:
You just cut me to the quick, girl! LOL!!
It's a Wonderful Life? Seriously, I loooovvve this movie! But, movies like "knocked up" to me are quite vulgar and I think de-value human beings. My kids think I'm a prude, I'm not, but I just think we're getting on a slippery slope with some of this stuff.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,375 Times in 4,397 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Princess Bride....loved...consider it a classic....

Borat...hated....
Old 07-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by momnan30 View Post
For my friend, Santa's Helper:
You just cut me to the quick, girl! LOL!!
It's a Wonderful Life? Seriously, I loooovvve this movie! But, movies like "knocked up" to me are quite vulgar and I think de-value human beings. My kids think I'm a prude, I'm not, but I just think we're getting on a slippery slope with some of this stuff.

Haha!! Sorry! I just really, really can't stand that movie. I find it so annoying! Never saw Knocked up but, just the title was enough to make me not want to see it.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 07-30-2009, 07:48 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,062 Times in 274 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
But, movies like "knocked up" to me are quite vulgar and I think de-value human beings. My kids think I'm a prude, I'm not, but I just think we're getting on a slippery slope with some of this stuff.
My friends and the teenagers that work for me think that I am a big prude too for the same reason. "Knocked Up" "40 Year Old Virgin" and all of the ones like it are just such a crude form of humor and entertainment. I'm very sad if this is the only legacy that my generation leaves. I'm not a prude, I just don't find that to be worth my $9, let alone the millions over all it will make.