Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Christmas stock now in some UK shops.

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,470
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Halifax Disaster of...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:40 PM
76,242 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Vacation...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:25 PM
Last post by carmenpaigee
07-16-2011 12:03 AM
67,151 Views  2 Posts
Gift 2 Yes, Virginia -- There...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 01:39 PM
0 Posts
"Little Merry Christmas"......
By MerryCarey
05-24-2012 01:16 PM
51,672 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:16 PM
41,644 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elf
Christmas stock now in some UK shops.

A full four-and-a-half months before presents are exchanged, London department store Selfridges has put its annual Christmas range on sale. Skip related content
Related photos / videos

Customers can rush to buy baubles and stock up on decorations from the Yuletide shop this year earlier than ever before.
The flagship first run of Christmas goods is traditionally sold from the end of August.
The store defended its decision to bring the launch forward, insisting: "We wouldn't (do) it now unless we thought there was a market for it."
With baubles adorned with Union flags as well as "We Love England" and "We Love London" slogans, Selfridges is openly coveting the buoyant tourist trade.
A spokeswoman said the state of the British pound meant more and more visitors were spending their cash in the store.
It is too early to know how much demand there will be for Christmas decorations when the temperature in the capital is 23C.
Customers escaping the heat will not yet be forced to shop to a background of festive songs on loop.
But artificial trees on sale in bright pink and bright purple left few in doubt that Christmas has come early to the capital.
Selfridges is set to widen its release of goods over the coming months.
A broader array of festive stock will arrive in late September, when all the Christmas ranges start to appear around the store.
Christmas shops at Selfridges' Manchester and Birmingham branches will then follow at the beginning of October.
Real trees will be available for the first time this year, in December of all months.

J
The Following User Says Thank You to ryansrs1 For This Useful Post:
Head Elf (08-09-2009)
Old 08-09-2009, 02:04 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,147 Times in 3,699 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
haha...how cool...but to me it´s kinda makes sense....these things....deocrations I mean are more expensive...so it makes sense to offer it earlier...so people don´t have to buy in November, when all the stuff (presents and on) is the thing to buy

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 08-09-2009, 06:59 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Ya! I like it!!!!!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 08-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
We all need a little bit of Christmas cheer in today's economic blunders.... Why not stock up early and plan ahead for your holiday season, so you can sit back and enjoy instead of running around like a mad man trying to get things done..... that's it... I'm moving to England!
Old 08-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elf
Originally Posted by Head Elf View Post
..... that's it... I'm moving to England!
Or WALES

J
Old 08-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,362 Times in 12,655 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

I shop all year for Christmas, so for me this is not to early at all. Sadly, I have not seen any store here yet with Christmas stock out. I think that it is because we are still waiting for summer to start.!

Customers escaping the heat will not yet be forced to shop to a background of festive songs on loop.
forced to listen to Christmas music??? That just happens to be one of my favorite things when shopping for Christmas thank you very much!
Old 08-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Any Kmart or Sears stores near you in Ontario? They both have Christmas stock out. More here.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:37 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,293 Times in 26,723 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I think that it is a good idea to put christmas stuff out early. If people see it in the stores they are forced to think of it and maybe they will start to plan and start to save money for it so they don't have to run up alot of debt when they realize after thansgiving that christmas is a month away and they haven't bought anything yet. There will also be people like the lady who was in hobby lobby the other day and complaining because they had christmas stuff out already. When I told her that we were only 140 days away she rudely said that she didn't care and that she will worry about christmas come december and not a day earlier.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,772 Times in 4,433 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hobby Lobby is getting into full Christmas swing, too! We went in Saturday. The foyer is lined with Christmas trees, and there are at least 6 full aisles of Christmas decorations.

I walked in the Christmas area for 30 minutes, humming "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas". It really started to feel like it!