Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Newswire Christmas Newswire.comBringing you news and headlines about Christmas from news sources around the web and from sites of the Merry Network, presented by Christmas Newswire. Members also use this area to share links to local Christmas news and events. Christmas is a year round newsmaker.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Elf (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:23 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-18-2013 07:29 AM
61,272 Views  3 Posts
Homemade Ornaments and...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:59 PM
36,091 Views  0 Posts
A Miraculous Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:02 PM
53,901 Views  0 Posts
Voices of Elves in the...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:22 PM
0 Posts
Charles Dickens: A Merry...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:24 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
10-19-2013 09:51 PM
69,758 Views  1 Posts

Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Christmas in August with the Rockettes

The Radio City Christmas Spectacular literally kicks off the 2009 season with Christmas in August, in front of Radio City Music Hall in New York, on August 25.

Featuring the Rockettes, Santa Claus, and a lot of snow on Sixth Avenue. Maybe someone will televise this?
The Following User Says Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (08-18-2009)
Old 08-19-2009, 06:33 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Let's hope that someone shows this! I can't wait to go and see them when they come to Pittsburgh but, I'd love to go to New York and see them at Radio City. Cool!!!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 08-19-2009, 10:33 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,298 Times in 26,550 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I hope someone does show this on tv. I have always wanted to go see the rockettes christmas show.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
If you are unable to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular in person, the 75th anniversary show is available on DVD.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by Wenceslaus View Post
If you are unable to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular in person, the 75th anniversary show is available on DVD.
I watched that on tv last year I think.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

usafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I saw the Rockettes in Nashville last year at the Gaylord opryland hotel. PRobably not as cool as seeing them in New York city, but it was my first time to see them and I was amazed. The act where they are toy soldiers was amazing. They kept in step and in formation...nearly as well as our military. I was impressed with it, and I've been through drill while on active duty.

If you dont know what I'm talking about, search for it on youtube...I'm sure you'll be able to find it there. Perhaps I need to add it to the Christmas video vault.
Santa's Helper (08-28-2009), Wenceslaus (08-24-2009)
Old 08-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elf
Originally Posted by usafvet View Post
I saw the Rockettes in Nashville last year at the Gaylord opryland hotel. PRobably not as cool as seeing them in New York city, but it was my first time to see them and I was amazed. The act where they are toy soldiers was amazing. They kept in step and in formation...nearly as well as our military. I was impressed with it, and I've been through drill while on active duty.

If you dont know what I'm talking about, search for it on youtube...I'm sure you'll be able to find it there. Perhaps I need to add it to the Christmas video vault.
I've seen them at Myrtle Beach and I know exactly what you're talking about during the toy soldier performance!! Perfect formation!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Christmasologist

Just posted by the Radio City Christmas Spectacular: Video of Christmas in August.

I am really hoping the touring company comes my way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (08-28-2009)
Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

I love the Rockettes show but, that guy that they have impersonating Santa bugs me. That's not what Santa sounds like at all! I know because I've talked to him before.