Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Foreign language Movies

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,459
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 Yes, Virginia -- There...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 01:39 PM
0 Posts
The Holly and the Ivy
By MMC Editor
06-08-2008 09:25 PM
67,502 Views  0 Posts
The Summer Creation of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:05 PM
44,395 Views  0 Posts
Bells All About Stuffing
By MMC Editor
11-19-2011 10:49 PM
42,066 Views  0 Posts
Lower Your Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:48 PM
49,966 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Foreign language Movies

Do you know any Christmas Movie in a foreign Languages?

Hm.. I think all the movies I know are from the US..

Greetings
Sabine
Old 09-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,391 Times in 5,610 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I've heard of a French film (fairly recent) about the unofficial Christmas truce during World War I. Has anyone seen it? I'm wondering whether I should buy the DVD.

I've read a (rather scholarly) book about Christmas movies that includes essays on some European Christmas films, including some from the former Soviet Union. The book says that in many European countries, New Year's Day is celebrated more extensively than Christmas because of its secular nature. Our European members can tell us whether that's true or not ...

(I apologize for not having the film and book titles at my fingertips ... if someone wants to check them out, I can do a little digging and come up with the actual titles.)

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 09-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,796 Times in 1,317 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Every year at Christmas Eve here in Norway every little child,
and every grown woman see Tri Orisky Pro Popelku (Three Nuts for Cinderella)
on TV at noon. I just love it! And I looooove this music!
Old 09-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
Do you know any Christmas Movie in a foreign Languages?
Joyeux Noël (2005) France/Germany, based on a true story from World War I
Un conte de Noël (A Christmas Tale) (2008) France, starring Catherine Deneuve
Mon oncle Antoine (My Uncle Antoine) (1971) Canada
Fanny och Alexander (Fanny and Alexander) (1982) Sweden, directed by Ingmar Bergman
Les parapluies de Cherbourg (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg) (1964) France, starring Catherine Deneuve
Les dimanches de Ville d'Avray (Sundays and Cybele) (1962) France
Los Tarantos (1963) Spain
La Bohème (1965) Switzerland/Italy/Germany
Un detective (Detective Belli) (1969) Italy
Old 09-06-2009, 04:27 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,127 Times in 3,697 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I think the movie You´ve mentioned is German/french...and it bases on a true story....on Christmas Eve I dont know what year....14 or 18 of the last century in World War I they layed down their weapons ......and sang Stille Nacht/Silent Night....a German actor plays in it....it´s a good movie.

I think the book is saying weird things...New Years aint celebrated more than Christmas in most European countries....it´s just partied harder....drinking, dancing and all....but not more....I really doubt it

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I've heard of a French film (fairly recent) about the unofficial Christmas truce during World War I. Has anyone seen it? I'm wondering whether I should buy the DVD.

I've read a (rather scholarly) book about Christmas movies that includes essays on some European Christmas films, including some from the former Soviet Union. The book says that in many European countries, New Year's Day is celebrated more extensively than Christmas because of its secular nature. Our European members can tell us whether that's true or not ...

(I apologize for not having the film and book titles at my fingertips ... if someone wants to check them out, I can do a little digging and come up with the actual titles.)

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 09-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Yea i forgot "Three Nuts for Cinderella" A CSSR Produktion. It belongs to the Christmas Time.
I also remember the one episode of "Michel from Loenneberger" by Astrif Lingren.

And there is one German Movie. "Nicht nur zur Weihnachtszeit" (Christmas Not Just Once a Year) Its about an older Woman, who was shocked when her Christmastree Angel demaged, so every day wanted to celebrete Christmas..

Last edited by Sabine; 09-07-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Error :-)