Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Teenagers and Christmas

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Santa Claus 3 (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:52 PM
53,094 Views  0 Posts
What do elves get paid?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:58 PM
48,766 Views  0 Posts
Tips for Buying a Fresh...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:57 PM
Last post by trackrebel
03-24-2014 09:13 AM
45,867 Views  1 Posts
Christmas in Europe
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:21 PM
0 Posts
Diary of a Snow Shoveler
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:38 PM
0 Posts

Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Christmaschick has shown a merry dispositionChristmaschick has shown a merry disposition
Thanks or your stories everyone. I will continue to be Christmasmom no matter what.

What a supportive group you all are!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Keep on planting the seed and when your children grow up the seed usually blooms.

My kids loved Christmas when the were small, when they became teens they were more reserved, too big to help decorate and etc. But they all love Christmas and love to decorate their own homes and the seed continues to be passed on to my grandchildren, (of course I help it along, LOL).
Old 08-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Christmaschick has shown a merry dispositionChristmaschick has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by brent View Post
Thanks, Christmas-A-Holic! I am glad somebody enjoyed it. She's totally awesome. We both are not very serious people and always like to have fun, so it's certainly a good time when we're together.

Brent, I would love my 20 yr old and 14 yr old to be as enthusiastic about Christmas as you are. I make a big deal no matter what, but it would be even better if everyone else in my house was as kooky as me when it comes to Christmas. You and your Mom are very lucky you can share your love of Christmas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmaschick For This Useful Post:
brent (08-31-2009)
Old 08-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,164 Times in 409 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
When I was a teenager thats when my Christmas style went in full swing. So my dad always thought I was a bit odd to listen to the music as early as I did, but my mother always went along with it. So their traditions will always go on with me.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:02 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

rickymallory has shown a merry dispositionrickymallory has shown a merry dispositionrickymallory has shown a merry disposition
I'm 17 and LOVE Christmas, It's a magical time of year, grey and gloomy outside, all the lights and decorations and it's one of the only times of year when the family gets together.

I must admit, Christmas hasn't been the same for me since my nan passed away in 2004. She used to have awesome Christmas' for the whole family. She made sure everyone was fed well with absolutely HUGE Christmas dinners... Christmas Eve she used to do a big tea party/buffet. a 7 foot long table opened out and she still struggled to fit all the plates on it and us around it lol. Those were the days!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,453 Times in 1,973 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Originally Posted by Christmaschick View Post
Brent, I would love my 20 yr old and 14 yr old to be as enthusiastic about Christmas as you are. I make a big deal no matter what, but it would be even better if everyone else in my house was as kooky as me when it comes to Christmas. You and your Mom are very lucky you can share your love of Christmas.
Thanks! I really am lucky. I had always hoped that everyone treated Christmas as a time to cherish and be with family, but I guess it's not. I really hope your kids become enthusiastic sometime. It's a magical time absolutely like no other. I am glad I get to make a big deal out of it by decorating my apartment this year, but I am really looking forward to going home and seeing the decorations up there. My mom's husband loves Christmas as well, so the house usually has plenty of decorations! I really wish that everyone's face would light up whenever they saw a Christmas display. It's only one time a year and truly deserves to be happy.
The Following User Says Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
Christmaschick (08-31-2009)
Old 09-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Dukicin1 has shown a merry disposition
My daughter is 13 and still loves Christmas. Last year she still "believed" but this year it's going to be harder I think. I've always told her that Christmas is more than Santa and that Santa and everything he represents can be found in much more than just the presents. She encourages me to decorate and even tries to defend me when my husband goes into Grinch-mode (which is usually right about the time I start to decorate - October.) Last year I cut down on the decorating because I was working, but both my children kept after me to keep decorating through the middle of December (I usually like to be done by December 1).

My son has Downs Syndrome and is 15. He will be 16 by Christmas and will probably always "believe" and have the childlike anticipation that sometimes eludes teenagers as they get older. My husband is disheartened by his belief and excitement because I think he feels it only draws more attention to the fact that he isn't like a typical 15 year old. I'm greatful for the fact that he can maintain that innocense because children and teenagers alike lose this far too soon in society today.

Thankfully my children have so far loved the fact that I love Christmas and are following in my footsteps - so far.

Lisa
The Following User Says Thank You to Dukicin1 For This Useful Post:
brent (09-10-2009)
Old 09-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
My teenage son and soon to be teenage daughter love Christmas, so does my 9 year old son. My sons seem to look at me a little strange when I listen to Christmas music early. My daughter doesn't mind it at all, but then again she loves alot of different music. When the Christmas season draws closer my boys start to get a little more excited and help their Dad decorate the house with lights.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
My kids are still little but I am sure when they hit the teen age years they will still love Christmas as much if not more.

I can remember when I was a teen ther were a couple of years where I was not all into Christmas. It was around the time my parents split up and home was not the same. That down time only lasted a couple of years before I refound my wayward christmas spirit.