Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Merry Christmas Radio » El Vez & Los Straitjackets release 'Merry Mexmas! Viva Christmas!'

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Merry Christmas Radio Visit Merry Christmas Radio.comProgramming notes, requests, dedications and all other conversation related to Merry Christmas Radio -- click here to listen to our stream of year round Christmas programming. MCR is completely user driven by our forum members and is led by our notorious music fanatic, JayIsh and his growing staff of radio, music and audio merrymakers.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2009, 09:09 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,238 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
El Vez & Los Straitjackets release 'Merry Mexmas! Viva Christmas!'

Finally! One I can get excited about! Here’s one ElfBot missed!

http://www.straitjackets.com/main1.html

From the website:

Merry Mexmas! Viva Christmas!

Thu, Sep. 17 2009

What happens when a squadron of guitar-wielding Lucha Libra heroes on their way to rescue Santa Claus get lost on their way to North Pole and end up wandering the strees of East LA? Well, a tree trimming party hosted by none other than the King of Rock y Roll, of course. Awakening after a 3 day bender with a tinsel hangover, El Vez and Los Straitjackets emerged with a vision for a Holiday party that will add a little tequila to your Egg Nog and swaddle the Baby Jesus in a fashionable Mexican blanket.

They have met before (most notably to record a Spanish language version of “King Creole” for the Straitjackets’ 2001 vocal album “Sing Along With Los Straitjackets), they usually pass each other in low-rider sleighs on the interstate while separately bringing their own Christmas Tours to the masses. This year—the two will collaborate an an all new show entitled ¡Viva Christmas!. Viva will juxtapose the surf-twang holiday instrumentals of Los Straitjackets (performed of course in their traditional Lucha Libre masks) with all the holiday magic of El Vez’ Christmas-themed material. Los Straitjackets will serve as the band for El Vez, and the lovely El Vettes will provide their trademark vocals and choreography.

Los Straitjackets will issue a long awaited 10 song followup to their popular Christmas album Tis The Season for Los Straitjackets in November that will be entitled Yuletide Beat. The band has created 10 all new rock & roll arrangements of traditional Holiday carols, that'll have you rockin' through December, and closing out 2009 with a romantic slowdance to 'Sould'D Lang Syne." The band rides a desert surf wave on "We Three Kings," takes "Joy to the World" to Memphis, and takes "Jingle Bells" on a Bakersfield Sleigh Ride. Not to mention entering uncharted territory with a classic rock rendition of "Jolly Old Saint Nick" (retitled Groovy Old Saint Nick for 1971 ambience). This limited edition, numbered pressing of 1000 CDs & 1000 Vinyl comes in a lovingly printed and letterpressed package by DC area poster artist El Jefe, and will also be available for download via all major download sites.

Stay tuned for pre-order information!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LosStraits_ElVez_horizontal.jpg (58.9 KB, 0 views)