Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Collage
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:37 PM
44,610 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Past Comes...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:17 PM
0 Posts
The Legendary Role of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:17 PM
53,166 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2010
By MMC Editor
06-11-2010 11:17 PM
58,225 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Pickle
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:10 PM
51,514 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I like giving and getting them. They come in pretty handy in my experiences. There are so many choices these days that you are bound to find the perfect one. If not, there are always the pre-paid Visa cards too. (;

Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,617 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I like getting them and don't like giving them, but sometimes it's best to give them so the person gets exactly what they want. DH likes Carrabba's, Best Buy, Wal-Mart cards. I would like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Lowes, Home Depot.

I think I'm getting a Firehouse Sub card for BIL's stocking and a Build a Bear card for nieces stocking. She seemed most excited about one of the gift cards at her birthday party on Saturday! I buy Subway restaurant cards for my brother for his birthday.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

kgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the tree
I personnaly don't like to give them but I will if I have too. With most of the adults I know, I usually just buy them a bottle of their favorite hooch and they do the same for me. When it comes to the kids in my family and my friends families though I usually send them a Toys R Us gift card which the kids like cause they get to pick out what they want. I like gettting gift cards to anywhere. I can always find something at every store to get.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

digbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry disposition
I would rather get a giftcard than receive something that I'm just going to get rid of, same for giving giftcards. If I can't find a great gift that I know the recipient will love, I'd rather give a giftcard so they can choose whatever they want.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

TwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Im good with gift cards, but I dont know if I would want JUST gift cards.

My hubby has atleast a couple gift cards on his Christmas list. He wants one from Lowe's and one from FYE.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:54 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,292 Times in 7,251 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Barnes & Noble gift cards are the only ones I like to receive. As to giving them, I've done it, but only for family and friends who asked for them as they wanted a big ticket item and wanted help with the cost.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Snowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry disposition
Gift cards are ok, but I still like actual bought or made gifts more. I think a well thought-out gift card might be good. For example, if you know of a gamer, maybe a GameStop gift card would be nice. But I don't think I'd ever give someone one of those Visa cards. I had one once. It was a nice gift, but I'd probably give someone cash before giving them that card. I don't know why.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

jimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love gift cards! Borders and B&N are my favorites.

So in that respect, they're very personal--they're something that speaks to my personality and interests.

A Wal-Mart card, not so much.

Anyway, you get to open your gift, then dream about the awesome books you'll search for. Sort of like having your cake and eating it too...
Old 10-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
stocking

I like them, and I hardly get them . People buy me stuff they think I need or should use, and I would much rather choose for myself than to have something in my closet that I dont like or can't use. I dont think they aren't personal. But I can understand how some people would rather have a gift than a card. I give them out occasionally, but not too often.
There is a bank in my area (TD Bank), which has Visa Gift cards. My DS(17) loves them. He uses it like a credit card and feels all important. (oh please). Anyway, if I give them, I usually go for the Visas so they can use it where they want.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,625 Times in 4,414 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I think they're great! Especially to Bass Pro Shops or Lowe's.

(If you need my mailing address, let me know)