Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » The worst Christmas album ever?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,842
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 10-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Radio Partner, The Christmas Station

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,523 Times in 516 Posts
CJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
as cute as the Jingle dogs and Jingle Dogs was at first, and I love pets too, I can not take listening to that anymore!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,383 Times in 801 Posts
brittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I cannot seem to get into The Carpenters Christmas music. They are so popular but never liked their song, Merry Christmas Darling. It seems that every time any radio station plays Christmas music they play that song ALL THE TIME! It's just my opinion, I know some people love their music.
okay at first i DID NOT like that song...but it grew on me=]
im not a fan of super punk christmas music...
Old 10-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,986 Times in 9,434 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by brittd19 View Post
okay at first i DID NOT like that song...but it grew on me=]
im not a fan of super punk christmas music...
Hopefully one of these years it will grow on me! I know Feliz Navidad grew on me.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:43 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,238 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Hopefully one of these years it will grow on me! I know Feliz Navidad grew on me.
I never liked Feliz Navidad until Billy Joe Shaver and Flaco Jiminez came along.

http://www.last.fm/music/Billy+Joe+S...idad?autostart
Christmas-A-Holic (10-22-2009)
Old 10-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
SWV came out with a Christmas CD and I bought it. I listened to it at work and it was so bad that I put it out in the coffee area where all things free go! Nobody took it. It kept showing back up day after day. That was the worst album ever.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 10-23-2009, 08:12 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Misguided Christmas Albums

Article about “misguided Christmas albums in recent memory.”

http://www.getback.com/story/happy-h...stmas/3012411#
Old 10-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

BritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elf
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
One vote for the Olsen twins' Christmas album. Ick. Poorly sung in unison with a backup group of studio singers. To avoid passages they can't sing, they yell, "Take it, [fill in name of studio singer]!" On one of our annual compilation albums, a selection from THIS album was our "turkey of the year."

Oh my sister and I have that CD (from when we were little) and it's so awful. Out of all the CD's it's the one we decided NOT to put in the 50CD player last year
Old 01-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,699 Times in 14,907 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I saw this thread and I felt I needed to add my opinion, and I am sure a few of you won't agree with me.
I absolutely CANNOT stand anything done by Gloria Estefan. If one of her songs comes on the radio during the season I always say to my wife "Oh no its Gloria Estefan destroys Christmas" and quickly change the station.
I cannot explain it but it is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elf
Originally Posted by whychristmas View Post
over at podsafechristmas.com they played two of the twisted sister tracks last year:

http://podsafechristmas.blogspot.com...isted%20Sister

Well, they're different... I have to say that from my 'long hair head banging' days, I kinda like them!!!

I'm ashamed to admit that I have this cd in my collection: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Box-Banjo-Ch.../dp/B0000253LW (although it didn't make it onto the ipod!!!) the amazon review about sums it up, it's truly awful. All of the songs/carols sound exactly the same and are played at about 1,000mph, It actually tires you out just listening to it! It's only now put on to wind certain friends up!

If you really want to hear it, I'll do a few sample mp3s and stick them somewhere!

I have the Twisted Christmas cd and like it !!!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

One of the prime examples of a fairly popular band that should have stayed away from Christmas is Paul Revere & The Raiders.

Though I like their music, whatever you do, STAY AWAY from their “A Christmas Present…and Past.” The original album was released in October 1967. You’ll notice that not a tune from it ever receives repetitive airplay during the season! What a block of cheese this stuff is! Certainly this is not a starting point to the band’s work or they would have never become popular!

Somebody made the poor judgment to re-issue the album to CD. All I can say is that you have to be a fan as committed as a facial tattoo to actually want this in your collection!

Record companies often push their artists to record seasonal offerings hoping to milk a little more from the cash cow. More often than not, these less from the heart efforts are lackluster at best and just plain awful at worst. In the above mentioned case, I believe it was all about the spiked eggnog.