Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » 2009 Christmas Card Exchange

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Top Ten Things Never to...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:54 PM
46,141 Views  0 Posts
Fred Claus (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:47 PM
53,453 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Mormon Tabernacle Choir...
By MMC Editor
10-11-2012 10:26 PM
81,244 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Pickle
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:10 PM
51,537 Views  0 Posts
How to Properly Light...
By MMC Editor
08-29-2011 02:10 AM
0 Posts

Old 10-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

HoosierChristmas has disabled reputation
I just finished writing my cards out. I just need to get the addresses on the envelopes.

Just a heads up for us Americans, I looked up postage for our friends overseas. Most places (UK, Germany, Belgium, Iceland, and others) it is 98 cents for postage and places in Canada its 75 cents. You might want to double check but those are the prices I got.

I'm going to send mine out the day after Thanksgiving from my mom's work (she has a stamp machine). We go downtown to visit her at work for a half day then we all go to the Kris Kringle Market. We look at the Macy's windows before we go to my mom's work...it's less crowded.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierChristmas For This Useful Post:
made582 (10-23-2009)
Old 10-23-2009, 04:11 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,341 Times in 26,558 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HoosierChristmas View Post
I just finished writing my cards out. I just need to get the addresses on the envelopes.

Just a heads up for us Americans, I looked up postage for our friends overseas. Most places (UK, Germany, Belgium, Iceland, and others) it is 98 cents for postage and places in Canada its 75 cents. You might want to double check but those are the prices I got.

I just got done printing out my mailing labels and I will probally start signing my cards later tonight. That is the same postage I came up with when I looked it up to.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
HoosierChristmas (10-23-2009)
Old 10-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

HollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elf
holly

Originally Posted by kerst View Post
The list seems quite a lot shorter than last year !! Where is everybody ????
lol there are always last minute sign ups hun. same with the ornament exchange.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

HollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elf
holly

oh yea the postage is weird. BUT i find it is worth it to get cards from all over. If there is one thing this economic shrtfall wont really hit, it is the sending out of christmas cards. Yes ecards are cute but who the heck wants to hold their pc monitor or try to hang in on the wall, not me- having a 36inch monitor is hard enough finding decent desk space for.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

RavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elf
alot smaller list this year, I see
Old 10-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
I just got done printing out my mailing labels and I will probally start signing my cards later tonight. That is the same postage I came up with when I looked it up to.
I was able to print my return address directly on the envelope. Our printer doesn't work well. Some of the envelopes kept getting stuck. I had to insert the envelopes one at a time. I am defiantly getting labels for the sender addresses.

I am getting excited!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by HollyJells View Post
oh yea the postage is weird. BUT i find it is worth it to get cards from all over. If there is one thing this economic shrtfall wont really hit, it is the sending out of christmas cards. Yes ecards are cute but who the heck wants to hold their pc monitor or try to hang in on the wall, not me- having a 36inch monitor is hard enough finding decent desk space for.
You're right! I belong to a Disney forum, I exchange cards with a friend that I met through the forums. She lives in the UK and I love the cards that she sends me!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

BrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elf
I am excited to do my cards. I ordered them the other day and some really cute return address labels to go along with them. My cards will be a bit different then most cards but I am excited about them.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

gustyd has shown a merry disposition
I received my list. I love receiving all the different cards from all over! It makes Christmas merrier.

Dianne
gustyd
Old 10-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
present

Did the lists come out already? Did I miss something? I am so excited about this. I dont want to miss it.