Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Controversy & Opinion » Christmas Tensions Rising in London, Disney to Blame?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,838
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 09-16-2009, 12:50 PM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,078 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Christmas Tensions Rising in London, Disney to Blame?

The actions of a militant anti-Christmas group in London who in recent weeks vandalized merchants marketing Christmas cards too soon have many worried about the marketing efforts of the Walt Disney Company in their push to promote their latest version of Dicken’s A Christmas Carol — and what those efforts might do to set off [...]

More from Defend Christmas...
Old 09-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I certainly know that I wouldn't want any Scrooge theme where I am...but this is what happens when money can buy someone.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:49 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,186 Times in 28,863 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I don't think that I would want a scrooge theme for my christmas decorations but violence because the christmas stuff is being put out early is totally crazy. I don't know if london is having money problems like most cities in the usa but I am sure disney paid them a good amount and that may help them out with there budget.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,858 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
It's popular these days to bash big corporations (Disney, Wal*Mart, etc.) for no other reason than that they're making money... if you don't like their business practices, don't buy their stuff... simple as that. They'll get the message... that's the way the free market works...

That having been said, though, Disney never does anything without it being first rate. I'm sure their light display will be tasteful and blend right into the environment of the section of town it will be in with Disney techs, perhaps, even rebuilding some crumbling infrastructure along the way in support of their "make-over", probably at Disney's expense...

And, finally, let me get this straight, some Londoners are upset because Disney wants to come in and remake part of their town (with the local authorities' permission) to look like it did in the Victorian era in celebration of one of England's favorite (and most famous) sons, Charles Dickens..?

Blimey! Release the hounds!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I've not heard anything about this in the UK news! The Independent loves to stir stuff up, especially if it might upset the yanks! I'll keep my eyes and ears open for updates...
Old 10-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,261 Times in 13,280 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

But really, this is not to early. If you want to buy winter boots you have to do it in September, they are hardly available in January because they are putting all the spring and summer lines out. If you want to buy your honey a Valentine item, you better be getting it as soon as Christmas is over. What about Easter....that bunny is already hopping before Valentines day is over. These days all the seasons and holidays are rushed because everyone wants their cut of the possible profits.

It is not only the holidays that are rushed, life is too. Your kids are no longer toddlers, they are preschoolers. No longer will you have a child, they are preteens. Teenagers are young adults. No one can be the age they are, they are always rushing to the next stage of life. Seems no one is capable of enjoying the moment, we must always be looking ahead to the next stage of life.

I think it is time we all slowed down and just enjoyed being who we are at this time, and enjoy what ever season it is at this time. Life is short, don't rush to get through it!