Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Controversy & Opinion » White House Christmas Tree Ornaments

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,554)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Homemade for the Holidays
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:31 PM
48,067 Views  0 Posts
Bells Joseph, Mary and Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:52 PM
63,576 Views  0 Posts
Bells Luke Chapter 2: The...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:53 PM
79,450 Views  0 Posts
Santa Doesn't Always...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:21 PM
48,895 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2008
By MMC Editor
06-11-2008 11:14 PM
39,987 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-15-2009, 05:51 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
White House Christmas Tree Ornaments

If you see an email or anything on facebook or the like that claims that the White House Christmas Tree will be a 'Holiday Tree' and that they won't allow religious hand-painted ornaments: it's a load of rubbish!

It's a daft hoax like so many that clog up inboxes!!!

For more go to: http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/ornaments.asp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-23-2009), christmasjingles (10-23-2009)
Old 10-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Invalid Email

lauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry disposition
I was just about to post this too I saw it on about.com I just was taken aback.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/
David Emery's Urban Legends Blog

Add to:
Christmas Banned in the White House?

Wednesday October 14, 2009
It figures that the same President who would pull the plug on Granny to save a dime on health care would ban Christmas from the White House, right? Well, according to one of the more popular email rumors circulating just now, the Grinch otherwise known as Barack Obama is preparing to do just that.
The forwarded message — anonymous, of course — claims that artists who have contributed ornaments for White House Christmas trees past were sent a letter this year stating that henceforth they will be known only as "holiday trees," not "Christmas trees," and no religious-themed ornaments will be allowed.
Now, somebody wouldn't just make a thing like that up, would they? Naaaaah...
Old 10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,149 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
There is so much going around the web that is not true, you need to really check things out before you believe it. Like what I just said, how do you know that is true? Hmmm, I better go check it out!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,291 Times in 608 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
u

U mean like this?
http://defendchristmas.com/2009/10/0...igious-themes/