Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Grown-up wish list?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Story of White...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:01 PM
43,496 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,060 Views  0 Posts
"Lill's Travels in Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:48 AM
59,475 Views  0 Posts
Never Swear in Front of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:35 PM
43,411 Views  0 Posts
What do elves get paid?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:58 PM
48,601 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry disposition
present Grown-up wish list?

Do any of you still make grown-up Chritmas lists? My hubby and I make them for each other...We have such fun doing it, and we even call it our lists to Santa. We get just as excited buying gifts for each other as we do for the kids. It makes me feel like a kid again....

If you do still ask for things...what are you wishing for this year?

My grown -up wish list....
* charms for my pandora braclet
* a krueg coffee maker
* a pair of minnatonka moccasins
* a vera bradley purse
Old 10-24-2009, 10:05 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,914 Times in 26,483 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I make a list for santa every year. As long as he still brings me gifts I will make a list for him.

This year I am asking for clothes, a couple of books, a couple of tools, and the meat grinder attachment for my kitchen aid mixer.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

TwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Yep! My hubby & I each have a list. I think I may have made one and given it to my parents too!

Old 10-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I make lists all the time. I think I handed my mom a list in Feb. this year! haha!!!! We always do it.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 10-25-2009, 01:26 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,727 Times in 1,305 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Yes!
Old 10-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,084 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i want an early christmas present. santa, if you are reading this, please can i have some sleep? can you please have isobel start sleeping 7pm-7am as from tonight please? you know i've been good this year

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
MsChristmas (10-26-2009), Santa's Helper (10-25-2009)
Old 10-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
My husband and i make lists for eachother too. We always end up finding something thats not the list too, making it that much fun.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Absolutely!! I need one from the hubs because he is an electronics technician who likes to design and build circuits in his spare time. I *need* a list so I get all the right parts and pieces he needs to complete his projects. He keeps a running Christmas list on his computer so that I can check in at any time.

I'm a little easier to shop for so I don't make such a detailed list but I'm not above saying "you know, if Santa brought me item "X" I would not be disappointed".

On my list this year?

A Livescribe pen set to help w/ my writing efforts because I like to plot longhand and then actually do my writing on the computer. It would be helpful to be able to search my notes for keywords, etc.

An Amazon Kindle...maybe. Can't decide on that one because I LOVE the process of actually shopping and buying books. I like to have them in my hand. However, our apartment is small and I've already filled two bookshelves, several tote bags and a couple of boxes with the books that I absolutely CANNOT part with. So, something like a Kindle might actually be useful in reducing book related clutter.

Barnes and Noble gift cards. Of course, buying books would actually defeat the purpose of the Kindle. Blah.

DKNY Cashmere Mist perfume.

I think that's pretty much it. I won't get all of it and the hubs will add in a few things of his own that he thinks I would like so I'll definitely have some surprises.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

PamC has shown a merry dispositionPamC has shown a merry disposition
A list is to subtle for my DH! No not a list so much but I did make it known that I do not need anymore slipper socks! I was sick last year and I must have received at least 10 or 12 pair! In fact I just swapped my summer clothes for winter and had so many socks that I left some in the storage boxes.
I usually don't want or need all that much but this year I would like a medic alert bracelet and I don't want stainless steel. If I have to advertise that I have health problems I can at least be fashionable about it. Hopefully DD helps to pick it out and if I do happen to drop dead this year, she will know enough not to just throw it away. After all "gold is at an all time high". lol
The Following User Says Thank You to PamC For This Useful Post:
whitney37354 (10-26-2009)
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,612 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I usually make a list for my MIL. Last year she decided to give cash instead---that was fine, but not very fun on Christmas morning! I need to go update this years list now....