Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Christmas Presents Best & Worst

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,318 Times in 13,286 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I don't believe I ever got a bad gift.
As for my best, that would be my daughter. She was not due until January 12. To our surprise she arrived in time for Christmas on the 14th of December!! Played the part of baby Jesus in the Nativity play.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
whitney37354 (10-26-2009)

Old 10-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,818 Times in 3,859 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
I have pretty low expectations so ANY gift I get is a good day... that makes them ALL my favorite, best gift... EXCEPT... my brother-in-law once got my a VHS tape of The Toxic Avenger... horribly dreadful movie that I couldn't sit through five minutes of (and I tried, I really did)... I guess he figured if you like one Super Hero movie, you like them all, 'cause, like, they're all the same, right..?

I think I wrapped it back up and took it to my Pastor's "re-gifting" party in January...
Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,781 Times in 1,184 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Worst gift I ever got was a leather vest lined with fake white fur. 2 things made it bad, it definately wasn't my style and it was actually a girl's vest. My brother gave it to me, I didn't say anything about it being a girl's vest or anything. Thankfully he lived several hours away, so I could get away with not wearing it and he wouldn't know.

MY best gift came from God. Since I moved to Texas the day after Christmas 2003, I consider my wife (Christmas-A-Holic) my best gift I could ever get. I am convince that God brought us together.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,509 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
MY best gift came from God. Since I moved to Texas the day after Christmas 2003, I consider my wife (Christmas-A-Holic) my best gift I could ever get. I am convince that God brought us together.

AWWWW How Sweet!
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Snow-in-Texas (10-24-2009)
Old 10-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

TwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
Aw, thats nice, Snow-in-Texas!

Old 10-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,641 Times in 584 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
My best gift would be my engagement ring---Christmas 1992.

My worst gift---Christmas 1982. I was in the fourth grade and it was the gift exchange at school. We drew names and a boy got my name. He gave me a necklace and cute ponytail holders. Nothing wrong with that, except I had really short hair and the ponytail holders were useless to me!
My sister & I used them on our baby dolls.

My mom & I still laugh about that gift! Mom said I always got the shaft at school Christmas parties. A lot of them were sad, but those kid's parents were doing the best that they could and I was appreciative of any gift, even as a child.

It's still the thought that counts. If you didn't think about what you gave me, then that's when it becomes a "bad gift". I've been guilty of giving a few of "those" gifts over the years and I try really hard to make gifts personal now.